Beautiful Vintage Pottery Need ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Oct 5, 2019.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I got this from a sale,not sure who the maker is.I've searched and searched,but don't know where to start.Need help. SAM_0531.JPG SAM_0531.JPG SAM_0533.JPG SAM_0534.JPG

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Looks like home ceramics.

scoutshouse likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't have time at the moment to go searching but Brush McCoy made this type of onyx glaze as did at least one other US maker, might have been Peters & Reed. I'd start with Brush, Brush McCoy or McCoy onyx.

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

6. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Antiqueslover: Thank you for posting your photos on a neutral surface! I wouldn't say that a washing machine is the most elegant of choices, but it certainly beats any of those shot-in-situ pictures of the object in question that is half hidden by the flotsam and jetsam of some miscellaneous shop!!!!

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

My mother used this exact colors thick glaze on an ashtray. The bottom appears consistent for home ceramics. None of my old Brush (McCoy) pieces are exactly these colors, but mom's ashtray is.

scoutshouse and antiquelover69 like this.
  8. antiquelover69

Thanks! I will look check both!

scoutshouse likes this.
  9. antiquelover69

10. antiquelover69

Thanks so much say_it_slowly

scoutshouse likes this.
  11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

This piece is usually attributed to McCoy.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted