Featured Bend over please mr stokes, im going in deep !!

Discussion in 'Tools' started by charlie cheswick, Apr 26, 2018.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

was wondering the age on this cased thermometer i bought recently

guessing veterinary

god knows why i buy these things, suppose its what seperates us from the muggles !

p.s (hands washed thoroughly afterwards)

ther1_resize_20180426_163452.jpg ther2_resize_20180426_163452.jpg ther3_resize_20180426_163452.jpg ther4_resize_20180426_163453.jpg

2. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Jeez - I hope so!! :nailbiting::facepalm::stop:

3. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Typical lab thermometer for liquids, please note temp range if you still think it is for taking temp of living things.

4. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

well i used it in totally in the wrong place then

5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

OMG !!! HAHAHAhaha ... Joy.

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That came out of a chem lab, not out of a cow.(LOL) Still doesn't hurt to wash it of course; you don't know what chemicals it was in last and don't want to find out the hard way.

7. QuincyAK10

QuincyAK10 Well-Known Member

Arnold and Sons were in business from 1829 to 1929...the scale of this thermometer (up to 360 Celsius)(32-500 F) makes it a chemical thermometer. They show one (up to 400 degrees) in their 1880 catalog, but my guess yours is early 20th century. arnold.jpg

8. Steersman

Steersman Well-Known Member

I've taken the temperatures of hundreds of bovines. The veterinary thermometer is about 6 inches long, like those for humans. Used to carry one in my chest pocket next to my pen, in it's own little plastic sheath.

I made an improvement, consisting of a clothespin on a string, so it could be secured to the animal. (After losing a lot of thermometers.)

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Lost some of those human thermometers in people also. I remember three times of hunting some of those things out of the butt of really embarrassed patients.
    greg

10. evelyb30

Butt hunting... that just sounds wrong.

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  11. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I was in the ER with one of my sons who needed stitches (a common occurrence with my boys) and the boy in the next cubicle fell asleep with a thermometer in his mouth because the nurse left for a few minutes and he swallowed it. Much consternation in the ER that night! They whisked him away and I don't know how they got it out.

14. evelyb30

That's one reason they use the electronic ones with disposable covers now. They react faster, and being on a cord can't be swallowed. The plastic covers...maybe, but you'd have to work at it.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted