Bertram Schilling print

Discussion in 'Art' started by rink28, Jun 27, 2018.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I acquired this limited edition signed print today at a local sale. I did some research on the artist as it has a information paper on the back but its all in German but the artist is "Betram Schilling". I did find one the exact same as mine on a German website but unfortunately it had no price so i couldn't really see what his limited edition prices go for. I was wondering if anyone knew any sites that i could see how much they are selling for? if you have any information that would be great. Thanks! Here is a link to the german website that has mine listed https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...ck-bertram-schilling-kanu-/725915550-240-4816 schillng1.jpg schilling2.jpg schilling3.jpg schilling4.jpg schilling5.jpg schilling6.jpg

2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is called 'Kanu', canoe. I though it was a train.:shame:
    I like it, pretty nice for € 12.99. At Aldi, of all places, a lower end supermarket.

Fid likes this.
  4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Interesting, is it ? between Kraut and Rüben or Sauerkraut and Eisbein - BAMM, you get real art...
    but that's a well known trick with aldi, lidl, penny etc.. big publicity for bicycles, computers etc., and then when people ask about it - oh wonder, they're already sold out 2 minutes after the shop opened...

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

The philosophy being, you're already through the door, so you might as well buy something?

judy likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

exactly. same with all those parcel services. owner of a small supermarché in France told me, that the parcels themselves are not interesting money-wise, but it gives him more circulation of people that possibly buy something when they pick up their parcels. for him it works.
    and I do not believe that artists signing such contracts will be gaining value in the future. this one here doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Yes, that is why they do it. I am a bad customer, though, I take my parcels to a store nearby and never buy anything. Due to ill-health I have very little energy, so taking parcels overthere is like a polar expedition. I am out the door in a flash to make a safe return.:)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    judy likes this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

sorry to hear.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted