Bicolor perfume bottle with strange top - Info?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Mar 23, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I know. I know. I wasn't going to buy another perfume bottle from the reseller's treasures, but he dug this one up from a box in his garage. It has such a different atomizer that I had to have it. The bottle is hand blown with a greenish yellow top that fades into a clear bottom. It isn't exactly round but does not have defined ribs. It is hand painted with a simple design in gold enamel. I couldn't find a mark. The pontil scar is smooth and slightly raised. I think the atomizer may have been plated at one time. I didn't know how to search for it, so I thought I would ask. It is 4 1/2 inches tall and 3 1/4 in diameter at the widest point. As always, any comments, search ideas, etc. are most appreciated.

IMG_9895.jpg IMG_9896.jpg IMG_9897.jpg IMG_9898.jpg IMG_9899.JPG IMG_9900.JPG IMG_9901.JPG IMG_9902.JPG

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Figtree3, pearlsnblume, judy and 3 others like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

It is French. The atomizer hardware was made by Marcel Franck. This style was used in the 19 teens. My SWAG is the bottle itself is Bohemian but could also be French. According to The Perfume Atomizer An Object with Atmosphere by Tirza True Latimer "he had contracts with some of the most prestigious glassworks in France, Germany, Austria & Italy as well as some of the talented but obscure local artisans."

As far as the French glassworks think St. Louis Crystal & Baccarat. I am not saying your bottle was made by either of these companies just that his hardware is seen on many bottles made by these companies.

3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Wow. Fabulous information. I had no idea it was that old. Bohemian is great. Now that you gave me the name and date I can see if I can track down another example. Thank you so much. I'm so excited!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted