Featured Big Red cast iron enamel Typewriter help w/ ID

Discussion in 'Tools' started by ZeeFinds, Mar 7, 2022.

1. ZeeFinds

ZeeFinds Active Member

Found this recently for $24, I have searched up and down and I can't decipher the manufacturer name from the remnants of white letters. They look like RE and then either an O, a D, or a G? Any guesses? Thank you.

RedAntiqueTW.jpg

RedAntiqueTW2.jpg
    RedAntiqueTW3.jpg
    RedAntiqueTW4.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  2. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Perhaps a metal plate hidden somewhere on it with more info?

3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Boland likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I tried color changes and any enhancenments at my disposal.....I just couldn't bring much of anything readable out.....at least NOT to MY eyes.... hopefully someone else might have better luck!!!! IT MIGHT start with an "A", but that's a good guess!! Sorry!! But LOVE the RED!!!

TYPEWRITER-low_res-scale-2_50x-gigapixel.jpg

5. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

judy and say_it_slowly like this.
  6. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Does remind me of the old Remington models but the letters don't match. I will find a photo of one to show you what I am talking about. Sorry, took a few minutes but here it is. typewriter.jpg

7. ZeeFinds

ZeeFinds Active Member

Agreed. I just received info from another source it seems to be a Remington 12 or Remington Standard 12 model, so it was probably repainted red and someone added different lettering to the top to really confuse us all. :facepalm:

Thank you to all who have replied. :happy:

Mystery solved.:pompous:

8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Oh great news! I have old old Underwood and somewhere along the line picked up an old typewriting manual from the 1920's. I thought it look similar to a Remington they showed and went off looking for red ones. I got bogged down:) so many typewriters!

Draft saved Draft deleted