bill jauquet cow figurine id

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by rink28, Jun 1, 2019.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Mine seems slightly different though than the one in the link i forgot to mention

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Not to me.......frankly from what I can see of both, they look identical! However, the two kids DO NOT look like they belong on the one in the Google image.....someone got cutsie!! Then again, I could be wrong about the kids! One question.....yours looks to be cast metal.......is it or is it wood???? There is a different, Large Longhorn Steer on Live Auctioneers, that sold that is carved wood, but also looks "somewhat" similar.......although much larger!!

ZZ888 WM JAUQ LNGHRN BULL.jpg ZZ888 William Jauquet--Longhorn Bull.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    i need help and rink28 like this.
  4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Now that I look at it more they do look identical to each other. I guess when I first saw the one on Google I guess the angle if it made it look lower to the ground. Mine is wood do yoh have the link to the one that sold on liveauctioneers? I do agree the kids look way out of place on the cow lol

i need help likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    i need help likes this.
  6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks aquitaine! I just got it haha. For some reason in didn't show the picture the first time but I got it now thank you!

Aquitaine likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

I may have to retract my statement on those kids on the link you first had too, Rink, I've found a couple of Christmas figures that somewhat resemble the making of the kids on the bull!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted