Bindenschild und Geschutzt Porcelain Vase - Any Information?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Andrew Morgan, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Andrew Morgan

Andrew Morgan New Member

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

KSW, Andrew Morgan, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Deposè just means copyrighted. The number is the pattern number. I think that's a Wachtersbach mark. According to my Kovel's it dates to about 1900-1907. The company is still around, best known where I am for Christmas mugs.

4. i need help

5. Andrew Morgan

Andrew Morgan New Member

6. TraceyB

TraceyB Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about your piece other than it's lovely. Welcome to the forum :happy:

7. i need help

Thank you for the additional photos. Maybe @Fid or someone else will know more. Those were the only few I found with the brass mount.
    You might check EBay Germany.

KSW likes this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

9. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

it's not even a Bindenschild. there were two main marks, the beehut and the bindenschild. the bindenschild is a shield with a bandage in the midst.
    this one here has two.
    it could be Franz Dörfl from Vienna. but I doubt that as well. nobody marked in three languages.

KSW likes this.
  10. Andrew Morgan

Andrew Morgan New Member

Does "it's not even a Bindenschild" refer to the sold Cachepot piece or the piece I own? I'm a bit confused.

11. i need help

:hilarious: Maybe @Fid will be back, or someone else can differentiate. It’s not something I understand. ;)

Andrew Morgan likes this.
  12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    bindenschild.

[​IMG]

Franz Dörfl.

see the difference ?

Andrew Morgan likes this.
  13. i need help

14. Andrew Morgan

Andrew Morgan New Member

Yes, The Dorfl has 4 distinct segments to the "beehive", whereas the others have only 3. As the impressed "beehive" on the bottom of *my* vase has only 3 segments, it can't be Dorfl. Looks like a Carl Knoll to me. I would be interest in any differing opinions.

Regardless, I am grateful for the help in learning that the ceramic part of my vase was probably made prior to 1907.

Setting aside the ceramic part, the Ormolu "mount" looks to be made of brass. Does this sound right, or would it be bronze? I realize both are copper alloys.

Thank you again for your help.

15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

16. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

with this trilingual stamp it's wishful thinking at the moment. looks like cheaply produced white metal cover and everyday white porcelain.
    the script of the part no. is not consistent with late 19th/ early 20th ct. . the form is missing the certain extra. the festoons, feet and other adornment elements look like someone's idea of French Empire.
    where was it bought ?

17. Andrew Morgan

Andrew Morgan New Member

Thanks for the help, everyone. The information I've gained here -- along with that from an online antiques expert elsewhere -- has given me what I needed to list this vase on eBay.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted