Featured Blenko ? Creamer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Apr 8, 2018.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

2F996D3F-D6EF-4F8A-980A-E9DD107B79A0.jpeg 88ABDFDC-B7FF-4263-998E-87BDDC590B4A.jpeg Not sure if by Blenko. Will be checking the catalogs but just in case someone has seen it before. It’s 3” tall.

2. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I can see why you think it could be Blenko, but I have a feeling it isn't. In general, Blenko didn't make pitchers this small, in fact they are only a few shapes they made this small. Also the color is one that Blenko didn't make all that often.

3. kardinalisimo

I’ve also noticed that the smallest pieces are about 5 1/4” tall. They have varieties of green colors but not sure which one exactly is this one, if Blenko at all - aqua, see green, nile, surf green, juniper.

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. kardinalisimo

There is a pitcher 5 1/2” tall, design 1937, model number 3750L. Wonder if there is an L version, which I assume stands for large, is there also an S(small) one?
    https://www.moma.org/collection/works/2295

Aquitaine likes this.
  5. msgood2shoe

I saw that pitcher, and wondered about it, but was unable to find a catalog with any other size. I've seen pieces with S, M & L designations but no corresponding sizes in the same design. I wonder if other sizes were designed, but not put into production

I'm not sure that the 37 in 3750 relates to the year it was designed. I can't find the reference, it may have been on the Blenko site that no longer exists, but IIRC design numbers didn't relate to the year designed until sometime in the 1950's.

6. kardinalisimo

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  7. msgood2shoe

I'm glad you found a reference

8. kardinalisimo

Thanks to FB group.

Draft saved Draft deleted