Blenko ? Help please!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Sep 29, 2019.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Good evening everyone. I could swear I've seen these called Blenko but scrolling through the catalogs I can't find it. Am I just not seeing it or are they actually made by someone else? 6" tall without, 8½" with the stopper. Pontil mark, not rough or sharp but not ground. Thanks. Blenko Bottle (2).JPG Blenko Bottle (4).JPG Blenko Bottle.JPG

i need help likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Blenko wasn't the only one to make Crackle Glass.

I'd look at
    Rainbow
    Pilgrim
    Bischoff
    West Virginia Glass
    Kanawha

Maybe someone has the Crackle Glass book. Mine's at the store. If no one finds it, I'll look tomorrow if I remember.

Who's the perfume bottle collector? Can't think at the moment. Is it Peggy?

*crs*, i need help and judy like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Yes, perfume bottles = Peggy :)

4. lvetterli

Thanks, cluttered and bakers. I knew Rainbow, Pilgrim and Kanawha, forgot about Bischoff and hadn't really heard about West Virginia. Looking on eBay, I find some ID'd as Blenko and others as well. I have no books on crackle glass though. Thanks for the help.

Linda

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

My crackle glass book (Weitman) does not show this exact piece. The closest was a 7 3/4" decanter. The base looks very similar but the stopper is different. If anyone else wants to have a look it's Plate 270 on pg. 106.
    Don

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I spoke a little too soon. Didn't realize how many Crackle Glass books I have. Another book (Alford) shows a Rainbow bottle with the correct stopper in ruby. It's a catalog copy on pg. 110. Model #R343 8 1/2".
    Don

7. lvetterli

Many thanks, Don. I'm going to have to write this down!
    Linda

dgbjwc likes this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Rainbow Glass is the first company I think of when I see the round shoulders on the stopper insert.

Draft saved Draft deleted