Blue and White pottery collection - Probate valuation

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Frances144, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Frances144

Frances144 Member

Cows in front of country house

Round plate (just bad angle)

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. Frances144

Frances144 Member

Now, I am assuming that if a plate/serving dish has been badly damaged and glued back together that it will have no value. Is this right?

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  3. Frances144

Frances144 Member

And this. Bottom right corner

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

5. janetpjohn

Frances144 and judy like this.
  6. Frances144

Frances144 Member

Man with two cows, two sheep (one lying, one standing) and a donkey in front of ruined castle and a tree

Attached Files:

7. Frances144

Frances144 Member

@janetpjohn - you are a jewel. Thank you! I will start another thread I think with more china. I don't want to get this one bogged down. I am so grateful to you for your investigations.

8. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

9. janetpjohn

Oooh, I should have replied under each one. This is becoming a monster toggle.

Frances144 likes this.
  10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

@Frances144 Have you checked with the legal professionals about the item details that are required in the probate inventory? I'm surprised that they would not expect you to give maker information, but of course you and I are in different countries so the rules may be different.

11. Frances144

Frances144 Member

I have and you are absolutely right. They are happy, at present, for me to value the contents. I am pretty good on most antiques but the blue-and-white collection is not my field.

12. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Okay. Just wanted to ask. Having been in your situation myself.

13. Frances144

Frances144 Member

*crs* likes this.
  14. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I have also been in this circumstance before, suggest you completely discount any plates that are damaged.

This is what has actually sold on ebay, not much value imho. I would value the entire collection of 17(?) plates at well below a thousand dollars. Just my humble opinion.

blue transferware spode plate | eBay

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted