Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Blue Art Glass Bowl Vase
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Cherryhill, post: 105144, member: 70"]It's interesting to see on New Year's Day the imagination of some of our folks, seeing resemblances to other things. </p><p><br /></p><p>I don't feel this is<i> frit pick up,</i> these are voids in the opaque blue over layer. I don't know how this was done, but it looks like there was something (small granules) applied to the clear, dark blue layer before it was cased over with the opaque layer, then these granules caused bubbles to break, leaving the voids. This is pure speculation, I 'm not a glass worker, don't know how it was done. </p><p><br /></p><p>I might take this home with me, it's kinda attractive.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Cherryhill, post: 105144, member: 70"]It's interesting to see on New Year's Day the imagination of some of our folks, seeing resemblances to other things. I don't feel this is[I] frit pick up,[/I] these are voids in the opaque blue over layer. I don't know how this was done, but it looks like there was something (small granules) applied to the clear, dark blue layer before it was cased over with the opaque layer, then these granules caused bubbles to break, leaving the voids. This is pure speculation, I 'm not a glass worker, don't know how it was done. I might take this home with me, it's kinda attractive.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Blue Art Glass Bowl Vase
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...