Blue Nun Vintage German Wine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kerrbearrxo, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Deng

Deng Member

That bottle brings back memories... mostly to do with worshipping the toilet after drinking the stuff...

SBSVC, komokwa and Fid like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I hadn’t really thought about it but you are probably right :eek::dead:.
    I don’t drink alcohol now except very occasionally if I’m being polite but never red wine. Because of that I am incredibly sensitive to it’s effects and not exaggerating even a thimbleful makes me feel odd.
    I almost can’t describe how red wine makes me feel as it’s a very peculiar sensation.
    Ps. What do you mean by a histamine problem?

antidiem likes this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

A histamine intolerance is like a lot like seasonal allergies — if you eat histamine-rich food or drinks, you may experience hives, itchy or flushed skin, red eyes, facial swelling, runny nose and congestion, headaches, or asthma attacks.

Some people take anti-histamine,

I dated a girl who suffered with prickly heat,she took anti-histamine, thing is on holiday she used to drink and she went crazy.

antidiem and KSW like this.
  4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Which foods are these?
    I’m off to Google which foods these could be as I’ve lived with some random symptoms for a while. Nothing severe but annoying and I’ve wondered if there are food triggers but I’ve not tracked them down.
    I can’t eat cheap bread for example without the inside of my mouth stinging but good quality or homemade bread is fine.
    I’ve just been too lazy to do anything about it but maybe I should.

5. daveydempsey

Doctor davey says :hilarious:

Histamine-rich foods are:

There are also a number of foods that trigger histamine release in the body, such as:

6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Certain fruits / foods are high in histamines, if you are sensitive to those, you have a histamine sensitivity problem. I've found, it's not difficult to stay away from red wine tho! :smuggrin::rolleyes:

Oh yeas, sounds like she had a histamine problem! Dave's explanation of it is spot on. I do not have a histamine problem per se, I have food allergies and sensitivities. I can eat over half of the foods he's listed without problem. The other half, I'm out right allergic or sensitive to them. Sensitivities are almost worse than bonified allergies for me!

KSW, yes it's something to look into. Here's the problem that I ran into with continuing to eat foods I should not have: I developed a sneaky ulcer (leaky gut) and the toxins go straight into my blood stream through that. So, NOT doing anything (because I was unaware of the connections - but the nose bone is connected to the gut bone and the gut bone is connected to the toe bone- no doubt!) caused me to develop far worse problems in my older years! (Mast Cell Activation Disorder MCAD) I've been on gut med at night for 2.5 years now, things are finally healing up in my gut. All hell broke lose for me at about age 58, when I began to suffer the stress of my beloved husband dying of cancer. I think stress is killer, it's my worst trigger. KSW, I stay away from chemicals in processed foods, but everyone is different. Find the foods that don't bother you (your "safe foods") and mostly stick to them and I believe you will be surprised at the difference in the way you feel on a regular basis. I lost 40lbs in a month and a half by eating only my safe foods! :O Then my dramatic weight loss stopped.

And now, I've gained back 10lbs during quarantine! ;) ugh!

7. daveydempsey

The only allergy I have is to novacaine.

I grip the chair when the drill comes out.:hilarious::hilarious:

8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Good God, if I had allergies to all this I think I might just give up and kill myself! Except for shellfish (can't do fish of any kind!) everything on the list I love!

I do seem to have a sensitivity that started to cause serious migraines late at night. I won't describe the symptoms, but let's just say I was useless for at least 24 hours :(

Anyway, working with my doctor we decided it could be wine, now I LOVE good, rich, deep red wine so I thought I would take it stages. My first thought was trying organic wines. So far four months and no attacks, this is good. Next step if attacks come back is I'm on the wagon. I will miss having a glass of wine with dinner, but it's a no brainer, if the attacks come back, adios vino!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Yah, that's a freakin' pleasure, I'm sure! :hilarious::hilarious: Can the dentist substitute a bomber shot of epinepherine? That's what they give me because the novocaine never works well enough for me! The epinepherine sends me into a rage mood for 5 days afterwards, but at least I feel no pain during the dental procedure!

Marie, I am allergic to shellfish and never realized that's what caused the rash that came out of my ear canals and moved around my jawline, until it ramped up big time last year! I had no idea it was an allergy in the past!

Draft saved Draft deleted