Blue Onion coffee mug

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Jul 31, 2022.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have blue onion coffee mug. However, I am unable to find the company that made it
    What I found distinct about these coffee mugs is it has a wavy line at the top and at the bottom of the cup edges with figures in between it and a straight line underneath. I could not find these coffee cups. I did not find any markings on the bottom of the cup. Dimensions are about 3" top dia. x 3 1/2" tall. I would like to request some help with identifying the company that made these onion coffee mug. Thank you for assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_3006small.JPG IMG_3010small.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

For starters, I don't think that's anybody's Blue Onion. Did you use Replacements
    pattern ID function to ask them?

judy likes this.
  3. rknarr2

No, I did not use the replacement ID function. Instead, I went to replacement, clicked on the camera image icon, put a side picture of the coffee mug and it came up with a bunch of patterns. I clicked on some for a better look by clicking on entire that had that pattern. Alot of them up front were blue onion patterns I noticed there were gaps in the entire patterns so I was unable to find it and so I searched like 15 pages to the end of listings on ebay.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    judy likes this.
  4. rknarr2

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    judy likes this.
  5. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No surprises there. This pattern or kissing cousins of same has been in continous production by anyone and everyone since the 18th century.

BoudiccaJones, judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  7. rknarr2

Thank you for the pattern name kissing cousins. I think I sold the coffee cup stand that went with these mugs. I think the cup stand was in a different box and I sold it. Oops. Rob

judy and bercrystal like this.
  8. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

( Hope this helps, don't want you to waste time looking for this pattern. I do not think that kissing cousins is a pattern name, just a reference to the similarity)

9. rknarr2

ok, thank you. Rob

bercrystal and BoudiccaJones like this.
  10. rknarr2

I think I get it now kissing cousins like knock offs. I might just donate these cups to goodwill and move forward. Rob

bercrystal likes this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Kissing cousins = related but not closely, in American-speak. Originally referred to relatives it was OK to procreate with, but often used for things that are related but not closely.

BoudiccaJones and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted