Featured Blue Opalescent bowl Fostoria Seascape?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brywil1970, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

trying to ID this bowl. It is about 8 1/8” across and has a ground and polished base ring.
    TIA, Bryan 5F7EA38C-84C3-4084-9667-D1FA7F661A0B.jpeg

9463D299-28D6-4FC2-938A-A4CA9CDAC71F.jpeg

E81FFA88-BEE5-43DA-9A36-A8A25912F92F.jpeg

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

3. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

Thanks Cherryhill glad you are still on the board helping others

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Needs a couple of little goldfish swimming in it :D

judy likes this.
  5. Rhanebeaux

Rhanebeaux New Member

I just purchased this bowl and am having trouble researching it. I know it’s Fostoria Seascape but what type of bowl is it? Lily float?

judy likes this.
  6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Long & Seate just called it a Shallow Bowl. Float bowl would work too.

Rhanebeaux, UncleChuckTX and judy like this.
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

also console bowl. especially when paired with a matching set of candle holders as a console set...

Rhanebeaux and UncleChuckTX like this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

This one is only 8". They made one just like it that's 11 1/4" and I would call that one a console bowl, but this little guy?? My mom had a similar shaped one made by Imperial that I still have. She served fresh green beans in it with her special sauce. Yum!

Remember when people used these for those little floating candles? That was fun, especially when they melted all the way down and fizzed out in the water.

Rhanebeaux likes this.
  9. Rhanebeaux

Rhanebeaux New Member

Thank you everyone! I have seen the console bowl in booth 8” and 11” but they are 3.5” deep. (And beautiful especially with the candle holders too!) This one is 8” across but only 1.5” deep which where I am having the issue. I have found others like it but they just say shallow bowl or 8” bowl. I have found it both blue (cari something) and Coral Sands (pink). One blog I found stated it also comes in clear, yellow, and green but I have found no examples of that what so ever. Anyone know if Fostoria Seascape came in those colors?

10. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Long and Seate state that Seascape came in Caribee Blue and Coral Sand (aka Blue and Pink), but no other colors. I have also never seen it in any other colors but blue and pink. A lot of their other opalescent patterns came in yellow, like Heirloom, for instance.

UncleChuckTX, Rhanebeaux and dgbjwc like this.
  11. Rhanebeaux

Rhanebeaux New Member

This is kind of what I figured. Thank you all for your help!

Draft saved Draft deleted