Blue Pottery Pitcher Signed Evelyn Norton

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Mar 25, 2016.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Does anyone has seen pottery with that name before?
    Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

3. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Siggys don't look the same to me.........but then I don't do much pottery either..... just try to closely scrutinize.....

5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I would say it's made from a hobby mold.

6. KathyK

KathyK New Member

Your pitcher is by the same Evelyn Norton (1899-1948) who created the eBay vase. She lived and worked in St. Louis, MO. I'm familiar with the signature because she was my grandmother's sister. It's nice to see one of her pieces here.

ascot, cxgirl and yourturntoloveit like this.
  7. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

KathyK, how fortuitous that you have become a (new) member here.

A big "welcome" to you (and rather fascinating that there was a thread about your grandmother's sister's pottery). ;)

8. KathyK

KathyK New Member

Thank you for the welcome. I grew up with pieces of Evelyn's around, mostly those of my grandmother's and some of which I now own.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    cxgirl and yourturntoloveit like this.
  9. davej

davej New Member

I also have a small piece of hers its great to learn a little more about her

10. Keith Buchholz

Keith Buchholz New Member

Kathy,
    I just found this thread, and I’m hoping that you are still on this page. I just found a piece of Evelyn Norton pottery, I live in St. Louis, and I’d love to learn more about her and her work. I have never heard of her before, but the vase that I found is absolutely gorgeous. Please contact me if you see this response. Thank you so much.

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted