Featured Blue ribbed satin glass vase ID?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Bought these satin glass vases and it's the middle one in the auction photo that I'm curious about. It has thick strands of blue on a white background and I suspect it may be the most modern of the five. Most have rough pontils so are possibly mid century repros. Haven't got any data or better pictures yet. Knowing my luck it is Ikea. :confused: Has anyone seen this stranded(?) vase type??
    small.jpg

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    pearlsnblume and ulilwitch like this.
  3. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

left to right

rough pontil
    rough pontil
    flat (blown into mold)
    ground pontil but not polished
    ground pontil but not polished

no markings underneath

4. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Easy one first. Far left = Fenton.

5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's Fenton. Rough pontil and the satin glass clear ruffle at the top says someone else to me. I had a hot pink one similar and the board said it was Bohemian. All of the vases are very pretty and if they're for resale, they should sell mostly due the vibrant colors.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. Iowa Jayhawk

Yeah, I totally missed the rough pontil line.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

anything else...u may have missed?????????:hilarious::hilarious:

NewEngland likes this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I made the same assumption that it was Fenton melon at first, because but I missed the rough pontil statement too. That's why I deleted my comment.

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

nice pieces, I love the air trap one on the far right:)
    I found a couple of ribbed vases, the first one the seller says Thomas Webb, no idea if that is correct but maybe something to check out. The other photo (Green/white vase) was a listing from Ruby Lane, but the information on it is no longer there.
    antique-thomas-webb-cased-and-ribbed-turquoise-satin-glass-vase-c1880-1479-p.jpg
    https://www.premierantiques.co.uk/a...d-turquoise-satin-glass-vase-c1880-1479-p.asp
    70b1a31681a32277566f13c57d0e2186.jpg

Here is your pink one, sold for $100 in 2019, they don't know who made it though
    https://www.liveauctioneers.com/en-...e-pink-mother-of-pearl-satin-glass-folded-rim

anundverkaufen and Miscstuff like this.
  10. Iowa Jayhawk

Thanks komokwa. I'll get back in the truck.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted