Featured Bohemian Art Glass Garden

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Leah Goodwin, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

For my first posting, I thought it would be perfect to share what I love the most with collecting Bohemian art glass. Here is a few blooms from Kralik. These forms I refer to as floriforms and are from the Art Nouveau era. They have an beautiful organic shape and come in many various colours. I am new to the site and looking forward to meeting others of interest. I do research glass and hope I can be of help to others on this site. So bare with me as I get the hang of using this site. Hope you enjoy looking at a sample of my glass garden. Thanks! ~Leah :)
    kRALIK bLOOM 15.jpg kralik bb jip.JPG kralik green flori.JPG Kralik Tube Floriform.jpg Kralik Opal Acanthus.jpg get-attachment (3).jpg kRALIK bLOOM 44.jpg

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

all I can say is ooooooooooooooooh. absolutely lovely............ I am in awe............Thank you for sharing this.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  3. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Nice to meet you, and Thanks, Mansons2005 for the compliment. Hope I can awaken your "dead" mood with these blooms! lol I think that is cool this site gives the user a mood status. :)

4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Oh, forgive me for not welcoming you first - I was just so impressed with your collection that I forgot my manners! Welcome to the forum - I think you will find that this is a very congenial group of folks - and there are more joining every day so there is always something going on! i personally know little, but learn much and so look forward to new areas of interest - such as your "glass" - though that seems like an inadequate name for it!

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  5. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

lol.... No worries. :) Thank you for the warm welcoming. A dear friend, Scott who collects glass shakers shared with me. He has been active here already. I really love what I see so far and yes, folks here seem to correspond with each other in a nice manner. So glad to be here and find a new site to share my interest, but also learn from others. So tell me what do you collect?

Scott likes this.
  6. User 67

User 67 Active Member

Not only do I love the flora form in glass (obviously) but what is wonderful about your collection is the many techniques demonstrated. So beautiful.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Welcome Leah.

I'm curious, 5 of your 7 items are sitting on their leaves and appear to have a stem that might fit into something. Were they meant to be table decor as they sit, or were they meant to fit into something like an Epergne? I'm asking, as I'm not sure that I have ever noticed that form before.

Thanks for sharing.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  8. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Welcome Leah and your floriforms are so lovely :cat:

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  9. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Here are pictures of other Kralik glass that perch on their leaves. :).

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kralik floriform&newwindow=1&sa=X&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=lJO7U67RLJLxoATyxIGABQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=625

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Leah,
    Welcome to the forum. We love to see gorgeous things from people's collections as well as stuff that needs an ID. My neighbor had one of Kralik's flowers when I was younger it positively mesmerized me. I think it also formed my love of glass even the cheap stuff. lol
    greg

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  11. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Stunning pieces !!

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Welcome Leah! Your flowers are lovely. The way the leaves are fairly stiff looking on some (funny thing to say about glass I know) makes it almost look like the flowers are on little legs straining to reach up.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  13. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Adding my welcome Leah.
    It seems the wealth of knowledge on these boards grows by the day.
    The PGP knowledge base is becoming particularly impressive.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  14. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Thanks, Lilfont ~ CC49 ~ SOS ~ Greg ~ JanetteKay ~ SIS & Skeezix42 for the wonderful comments with compliments. I really appreciate it. :happy:

None of these floriforms are used for an epergne. Kralik did produced epergnes with flowers and they are very scarce to come by. Here is a Hosch catalog advertisment to show what Kralik epergnes look like. I wish I could order one of each!

Attached Files:

15. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Welcome, Leah! Aside from the fact that those glass flowers are mind-bogglingly gorgeous -- how nice to have a garden that one doesn't have to remember to water!

:rolleyes:

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  16. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

To answer your question ClutteredCloset49, these floriforms sit flat on a table. With sharing the Hosch catalog of the epergnes, I could imagine adding a few of these floriforms to compliment with the epergne. That would just be lovely as ever!!

Here is a Butler Brother's advertisement of floriforms:

Attached Files:

antidiem and spirit-of-shiloh like this.
  17. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi Silverthwait. Oh, how true.... lol Thanks, for the nice compliment and smile.

18. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

:happy: THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR WELCOMING ME!!!!! -much appreciated. :)

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  19. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Leah nice to see you here!! Nice looking glass but then yours always is!

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  20. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi George!!! How is my EAPG friend doing??? So good to see you as well. Thank you for the fantastic compliments. Can't wait to see your findings and of course learn from you.

(FYI: This guy is a GENIUS with Early American Pressed Glass)

Draft saved Draft deleted