Featured Bohemian Art Glass Seashell Vases from Kralik

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Leah Goodwin, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Another favorite of mine... Bohemian Kralik Art Glass Seashells. Another organic shape that comes in a variety of colour. A few of these shapes can be identified in the West Virginia Museum of American Glass, Monograph No. 59., Czech Glass Catalog featuring Kralik. You can purchase this catalog on eBay.

If you have any questions, about the decors or any of the vases, pleased to be of help. I will be posting more examples in this thread. :)

new meteror 3.jpg meteror vase.jpg meteror vase 2.jpg meteror vase 4.jpg meteror 3.jpg $(KGrHqNHJDME63ZMVB1cBO6Bg,4m)w~~60_3.jpg !CD2M4OwBGk~$(KGrHqYOKosE0fjFftocBNP7uPdT4!~~_3.jpg $(KGrHqNHJCME63(5DhVhBO6BP7yTT!~~60_3.jpg $(KGrHqR,!ncE63T0+ByzBO6B9nSRC!~~60_3.jpg $(KGrHqYOKjQE5,n,IyD5BOZsr)zhvQ~~60_3.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Czechman, Ezlisting, Scott and 2 others like this.
  2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Welcome aboard (I figured I'd welcome you here...kill two birds etc)

Those are really nice. I just started collecting Czech glass about a year ago. I hope to add one of those shells in the future.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  3. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Nice to meet you, Desperate_fun! Thanks for the compliment. I had to edit the post a few times, as I'm still getting the hang of this site. Hope you find a shell. I promise you will adore it. Czech glass is very exciting to collect. Love the bold colours. I look forward to seeing your collection. :)

4. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

5. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I only have a few pieces right now (Welz, Kralik, Loetz) i have been leaning towards Welz as one to collect, although I would love to add a Grand Marquetry piece to my collection. I posted a pic of my latest Welz acquisition in the "finds" thread. My biggest problem is where to put it all. I have about 100 pieces of glass (Chalet, Flygsfors, Ruba Rombic, Murano, Val St Lambert, And now Czech)

6. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Good for you, Desperate_fun. A Grand Marquetry to have is GRAND in any collection for sure! Nice to meet someone who has an interest in so many areas of glass around the globe. :)

7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Don't know much about Kralik Art Glass Seashells, but just have to say, they are stunning. Thank you for posting the photos. Would love to find something like that.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  8. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Wow! I was loving the flowers but I NEED a shell vase! Thank you, I think for a new obsession.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  9. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

They look as if they should be displayed in front of a variegated light show, with a bit of elegant Bach organ music playing.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  10. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

WOW Leah, you have quite the collection. I hope you don't live in earthquake country? Do you house your treasures in a hutch?

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  11. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

12. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Thank you, LucilleB ~ Buytime777 ~ Silverthwait ~ SOS & George for the wonderful comments. I really appreciate it, everybody!! :) So glad many of you like this shape. I do too. It's another favorite of mine.

SOS, I live in Maryland. So, not much to worry about. As a suggestion for collectibles, museum putty/wax is great. I store my findings on a built in credenza with bookshelves. Old pics for sure, don't own as much as I did years ago, but you get the idea. :)

Attached Files:

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  13. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Here are two more shells... ;)

Attached Files:

14. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Jealousy rears it's ugly head....Thanks for the plug for the MAG WV museum and its monographs. We're proud of that catalog.

15. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi Cherryhill! lol... No need for that! Now I feel bad.. :facepalm: lol Oh, how cute! I am very proud to support WVMOAG. If it was not for the catalogs, Bohemian glass research would not be where it is at today. I wish I could order one of each in the Mono. No.59... :shame: That is my favorite catalog. Alfredo just updated the introduction in Mono. No 59 as well. I know many who have passionately collaborate on the subject of Bohemian glass are grateful to Edna S. for asking the curator of the Kralik museum in Lenora what were her thoughts on the catalog and to find out that the entire catalog is Kralik is such a major break through. Brings tears of joy to my eyes to be honest. I'm also thankful to Tom Felt for his expertise on the BB catalogs as well. Thanks so much Cherryhill for commenting and it's nice to meet you as well. :)

16. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

OK, I liked the flowers, but I LOVE the seashells. (And I'm a "porcie!")

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  17. spirit-of-shiloh

Leah,WOW! I love how you are able to display your treasures in the open :)
    I have used the putty too, plus strapped all the hutches to the wall and anything else that may fly across the room.:eek: . I'll bet it takes a whole day just to dust the little beauties. :nailbiting:

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  18. spirit-of-shiloh

OH, I have dibs on the confetti and the brown spotted seashell. ;)

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  19. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Thanks, Kent. I LOVE shells too!

Hey SOS! You collectibles are so lucky to have you! :D No accidents are bound to happen.

With the confetti pieces... if you flip them over, it looks like bee's body with it's head stuck else where... lol or at least I think they do! :eek: lol

$T2eC16N,!ykE9s7tvVepBRpTmhni5w~~60_3.JPG $T2eC16NHJF8E9nnC6IiZBREw-Ni72Q~~60_3.JPG

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  20. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for sharing these "beauties"....I love them.

Leah Goodwin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted