Bone China Cups and Saucers Sets

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tessie, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Tessie

Tessie Member

These were also in the family dishes that were given to me some years ago and I am wondering what possibly their values may be and how old are they? I would greatly appreciate any and all information regarding these as it's time I have to part with them. Thank you in advance. I greatly appreciate it! :) 1 for forum.jpg 2 for forum.jpg 3 for forum.jpg 4 for forum.jpg 5 for forum.jpg 6 for forum.jpg 7 for forum.jpg

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Have you looked on thepotteries.org for dating the marks, and replacement.com for the patterns? There's only one set I see with no marks.

Tessie, judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

you'll need to give us pattern pictures of the cups. I don't think the Royal Albert Blossom Time cup and saucer match. But I can't see the pattern on the cup to be sure. But the saucer does for match what I see for that pattern.

Tessie and judy like this.
  4. Tessie

Tessie Member

Thank you for your help. Here are pictures of the 2 sets that are alike (other than numbers on bottom being different). And I will be taking pics of the patterns on the other sets as well. IMG-8604.jpg IMG-8605.jpg IMG-8606.jpg IMG-8607.jpg IMG-8608.jpg

5. Tessie

Tessie Member

More pics of this set... IMG-8610.jpg IMG-8611.jpg IMG-8613.jpg IMG-8614.jpg IMG-8616.jpg

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Tessie and Bakersgma like this.
  7. Tessie

Tessie Member

Thanks again for your response. You are absolutely correct, the cup that was included in my original pictures, I have since discovered did not belong with the set - that cup does not have a saucer that I can locate and I will be posting some more pics of that lone cup.

The pink writing on the bottoms of these says "As Supplied to Her Majesty Her Queen Mary"
    IMG-8623.jpg IMG-8619.jpg IMG-8621.jpg IMG-8626.jpg IMG-8628.jpg

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK. Those are very pretty, but the value here would basically be decorative.

Tessie likes this.
  9. Tessie

Tessie Member

IMG-8629.jpg IMG-8630.jpg IMG-8631.jpg IMG-8632.jpg Here is pictures of the lone cup -

10. Tessie

Tessie Member

and this is the last of my cup and saucer sets - IMG-8635.jpg IMG-8636.jpg IMG-8637.jpg IMG-8638.jpg

11. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

My guess (without doing any specific research, but I do tend to collect English cups and saucers)...
    I'd say 1920s-50s and, as already mentioned, not much more than decorative value. You have some pretty ones but I don't see any that would bring the really strong prices.

Tessie likes this.
  12. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Search Sold listings on ebay, since you have the makers and most of the pattern names/numbers.

Tessie and bluumz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted