Featured Book signed by the Duke and Duchess of Windsor

Discussion in 'Books' started by bluumz, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

If you look at the top crook on the e it's the opposite on yours from all the ones I looked at online of genuine autographs. Also, her a always connected to the W has a loop whereas yours is open at the top. To anyone who has studied handwriting, those are only two of the typical signs to look for

KSW likes this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Thanks, any possibility you could show some photographs of the genuine autographs to which you are comparing mine? I'm not finding the discrepancy you mention with the Duke's "E" but perhaps I'm just not understanding what you're trying to say. :)
    As for the oft-looped "a" in Wallis, I'm finding genuine signatures with and without. Her "d" in Windsor seems to have varied significantly, as well.
    I'm trying to compare mine to signatures from handwritten letters, rather than just stand-alone signatures. I figure full handwritten letters are less likely to have been forged. But, I also realize that quickly and awkwardly signing something for a "fan" can produce some discrepancies in signatures as well.
    Ultimately, there will never be a way to know for sure since there is no known provenance.

Nate Sanders' opinion is that mine is genuine. Anyone know anything about his credibility?
    (I am not selling it, I purchased it to keep, so he had no financial motivation to say that it was genuine.)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    antidiem and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted