Featured Boucher Necklace and Earrings Repair

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Robert Copeland, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Robert Copeland

Robert Copeland Active Member

I sold the set and it was returned to me broken - There are 4 or 5 clear stones missing in the necklace and one of the chain links is broken . Is this worth getting fixed and is there a place in Canada to repair it? If not is it worth anything to anyone here?

2-Boucher-Signed.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's a lot o' damage............
    did u ship it attached to a claw hammer........ or r u just being a nice guy..??

I don't see a repair as an option...;):sorry::sorry::sorry:

3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

@kyratango is your girl for fixing jewellery.
    That should be fixable. You can buy replacement stones easily unless they are an odd size. The issue may be that new ones may stand out. There looks to be quite a lot of yellow on the necklace which may be old glue.
    Also there is a Facebook group run by a lady called Sandy Campbell called Restore Repair Repurpose Vintage Costume Jewelry that has lots of files on repairing jewellery, one of which I think is how to repair those linked tabs. She also does repairs.
    I suppose it all depends on the value of the necklace if it’s worth it although damage and repairs will compromise that value.
    How did it get damaged? Naughty if the buyer broke it and then returned :(

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I don't know about repair either. It is a designer brand, which is something to consider. Which type and cut crystals were used, clarity, etc.
    I was wondering the same, how on earth could it get damaged like that. Those crystals don't just jump out by themselves.
    If it was damaged in transit, surely they would still have been rattling around inside the box or package?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  5. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

What a pity! Your buyer seems to be dishonest... no way such damages happen in transit:wideyed:
    I don’t repair such things, but as KSW said, Sandy Campbell (Canada based!) does that work, and the Facebook group is very helpful!!!

komokwa, NewEngland, KSW and 3 others like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Perfect.:)

Draft saved Draft deleted