Featured Bought a lot for mainly one thing...

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kyratango, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Crane was my first choice too, but what is the flamingo? A button?

judy, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I like your post, so we look at these things as you would. I had no clue which one, but I'm glad that you found two things that give you joy.

judy, Christmasjoy, Jaena and 3 others like this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Looks like you made a great buy, @kyratango ! It doesn't matter now, but I was most attracted to the item with the crane, too. But didn't know if that was the one until you wrote it. :)

judy, Christmasjoy, Jaena and 2 others like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Seeing this too late to get in on the fun, but my facetious guess was going to be the pink flamingo, on MOP?

Even though that's the piece that would make me drool, knew that wouldn't be it. I'm a sucker for almost anything in that color range. Now, if only I had the kind of life where I could wear it in my beautifully piled up hair.

I had not heard of Vauxhall glass until a couple of years ago when a dealer in antique jewellery told me about it & said she was trying to get people to take an interest in it. Pieces she had were amazing for color & sparkle.

Also knew the medals would not be of special interest to you. Can I see them anyway? Pretty please? Love the Fortitude lion.

I was unaware of this type of netsuke, so that was my new bit of learning.

I see so many bits & bobs you will eventually use in your kyratisations, I think overall the price was not too bad.

ADORE THIS! I would have had to pass it up because I couldn't repair it. Perfect for you. :)

Me too.

Truer words were never spoken. :kiss::kiss:

kyratango, judy, Christmasjoy and 3 others like this.
  5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great items kyratango:) is that a dog face in the one button?

6. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

The pink flamingo is a reverse painted intaglio (moulded glass cabochon with the decor hollow and painted on back).
    @cxgirl There is too a damaged dog brooch, same thing:) Resized_20190710_165827001.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  7. kyratango

IDK... there is only the unmounted cab with remnant of paper and white paint on back!
    Maybe button, maybe tie pin!
    :joyful:

judy, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  8. kyratango

Ha! It could if the flamingo was a true reverse painted crystal intaglio:joyful:

Teal blue is one of my fav colors, with coral and purple... and jade green:hilarious:
    Of course, first thing I did was to attach an elastic thread to the band and... put it on my head:p wearing it now;)
    Resized_20190710_173121.jpeg
    Headbands are the rage:joyful: no need to go to soirées:p
    It is my first Vauxhall glass piece! I coveted a fly brooch with clear mirror wings, but didn't take the plunge at nearly 400€:yuck:

The bracelet was a steal at 90€ and my soldering silver paste agreed to work on it;)

For the learning part about the round shape netzuke, this is why this site is a mine!!!! Always something new (antique!) to discover, learn about and love:woot:

:kiss:Bronwen for your kind words!

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

What fantastic skin you have ! Whats your secret ?!?

judy, Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and 5 others like this.
  10. kyratango

Here they are, tin, single face.
    Resized_20190710_174437001.jpeg
    Lion is 1.3/4" diameter.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I luv the Japanese mixed metals....but I would have guessed the gold colored framed pendant at the top right......it's got a lot goin on...and looks to be very well made..!!

The silver chain on the bottom left.....has my attention too !!!

12. kyratango

Only my selfie automatic setting:hilarious:
    Thank you anyway!;):kiss:
    Could you believe I'm Sharon Stone's twin?:joyful:

13. kyratango

Eh... the "pendant" is a gilded metal chatelaine, the chain isn't silver, only silver color:peeking::joyful:

judy, cxgirl, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  14. komokwa

why , yes.....yes you are !!!!!
    I would have expected bigger earrings......but it's morning still !! :happy:

judy, Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and 4 others like this.
  15. kyratango

:kiss: By the way, they are mourning earrings worn in the end of afternoon ;):hilarious:

judy, Aquitaine, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  16. komokwa

too bad...that's an interesting chain design..!!!!
    & the chatelaine.....for you to play with...adding your own Kyratizations !! :hilarious::hilarious:

judy, Christmasjoy, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  17. Bronwen

The lion is magnificent; original work the mold was based on must have been gorgeous.

Second one is mysterious. JUSTITIA CHARITATE ET __TATE & bunch of illegible Latin in the exergue. Suspect the seal of a college/university. Weird thing is that Latin would be CARITATE; putting the H in there suggests engraver got muddled with Greek.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  18. komokwa

Oh....& the bracelet is stunnning !!!!!

19. Bronwen

The secret is: she's French.

I can imagine her with the little tools of the kyratisation process attached.

Was going to mention that I have a very long hatpin with a foldable head that uses that same guilloche disk as on your green cufflinks, except in blue. Have seen this element incorporated in other pieces of jewellery, so something made by one company & sold for use by others. This may be the first time I've seen this wonderful emerald green.

20. Bronwen

And, yes, I know that the Trinity, eye of God in a triangle, symbol is also used by the Masons. Don't think that's what this is about. And not Trinity College:

[​IMG]

judy, Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted