Boy playing Accordian Figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mattie22, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Mattie22

Mattie22 New Member

Good afternoon. I was wondering if anyone would happen to have some thoughts on this figurine? Found in an old house along with some other stuff and I hope to post a couple other things also. I'm assuming it was made in Japan

Attached Files:

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Mattie.....

Can't really make out the mark, but Japan would be my guess too.

Mattie22 likes this.
  3. Mattie22

Mattie22 New Member

Thanks. It's not in great shape paint wise but no cracks. I'm throwing a bunch of things into a box for a local auction. Just wanted to know more about some of the objects.

judy likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Probably a copy of a Hummel.

Msalicia and judy like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-8-8_14-58-1.png

If the color is on top of the glaze it is cold painted and will come off with water.

Agree with Japan
    Could be 1930s/40s pre WWII, or it might be 1950s/60s.
    I'm thinking the earlier.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted