Brass or Bronze Glass Table...??? Don't really know the period..?? Maybe Art Deco...Or Art Nouveau..

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by BTZ64, Aug 25, 2020.

?

Art Deco table...??

1. Art nouveau table..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Earlier or after...???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi there,
    Just bought this 45cm x 90cm Glass metal table...Not sure yet if it ia Brass or Bronze..??
    Need to give it a better cleaning...It was in quite bad shape....
    Just aft putting some oil on corners ,discovered that the 4 Flower can be unscrewed...Good news to clean it properly....
    Now,I am unable to find out from which Period this table has been made...??? Being at the moment on Art Deco items...I was thinking It could be from this Period...Or earlier...Not sure yet...Might need your expertise to know more about it...Maybe I am completely wrong...????
    Thanks for your help
    JB

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Did you forget your photographs, JB?

Debora

BTZ64 likes this.
  3. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG 016.JPG

4. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Sorry forgot...Should be on now...??? Hope so...??? Thanks

5. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi Debora....Thanks for message...Hope you can see photo now...???...Not sure it's on with Tread..??

6. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Yes did it...Not sure they can be seen...?? Please help if not..!! Thanks..jb

7. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I don't think this is art deco period. Looks more post 1950's. Brass and glass.

judy likes this.
  8. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Looks brass and glass to me too. Decorative.

BTZ64 likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Looks 1960s to me.

10. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks

11. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thought a little older....Very cheap anyway....Thanks

12. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

You might be right...Thought it was older....Anyway very cheap buy...Once nicely clean,will look better....Thanks

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That style of table is always chic, regardless of age. Looks like you got a real bargain.

Debora

BTZ64 likes this.
  14. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

I agree with you....It has a little look of certain " 1er Empire" Style of fine metal furniture...I thought it was Art Deco....But for 25 Euros It will look very nice after cleaning and fixiing....Thanks any way.....

15. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

These tables are hard to date because the style was revived over and over again.

Debora

BTZ64 likes this.
  16. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

For me....The finishing and mode of corner flower screws looks alike older and more sophisticated than 50/60th style.....But like it Big Time...!!!!

17. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd think older because of its visual weight. A bit lighter than what one expect post-World War II. But just an opinion; I could well be wrong. It is a style that benefits from being fully accessorized -- books, flowers, objects, etc. Otherwise, it tends to float off of floor covering.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted