Featured Breakfast at _____y’s at a thrift store!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Aug 13, 2022.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Good evening everyone!

Sorry I haven’t been able to post much lately, I honestly haven’t had much time lately to search for silver. I finally got a break to spend a day at the thrift stores and I’m glad I did!

I ended up driving about an hour away from my house to some stores I haven’t visited lately and checking out stores on the drive back. The first store this beauty fell into my hands in the first 5 minutes of being there. Admittedly this is not my first Tiffany item at a thrift store, but it’s been a long time so it feels like the first time ;)

Here’s some photos, I wasn’t able to find any identical ones online so if anyone finds another similar one it would be great if you could share the link:

63F0520C-6A5E-47F0-8FFA-45275D14E448.jpeg

4830614D-09AB-44C1-A481-A28011D31E57.jpeg

6C4487C3-030F-4B84-9E73-C20674E143C0.jpeg

28520FB8-DE07-4D06-B942-41394887411A.jpeg

02B17548-0681-4266-B11B-8C9A43E881DA.jpeg

78FD7896-D7F0-4648-A127-F2C47E8F86D0.jpeg

wenna, LauraGarnet02, cxgirl and 11 others like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Incredible at your first store. Wow! :singing:

Just started searching for similar, and so far found this one, only a singleton, but appears to have the same signature as yours. Engraved and needs a polish.

mr Nate.jpg

mr nate 2.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384927958989

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Elsa Peretti at a thrift shop. Now I've seen everything. Based on her bean design.

Debora

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Nice! I went into my local Ill Will on Friday morning, on my way home from a bust of a tag sale and found... zilch. Didn't even use the restroom. There isn't a Savers all that close, and way too far with the MS making my astigmatism act up. Glad at least somebody found something!

MrNate likes this.
  6. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You're welcome and... I think you mean the price on what you found!

Debora

kyratango, komokwa and MrNate like this.
  8. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

The thrift stores by me have rack upon rack of clothes nobody wants, and in the back, a bunch of shelves with broken lamps, electronics that don't work, and 1980s glassware out the wazoo

Congrats

9. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Could that frame have received higher bids because it came from Elizabeth Taylor's belongings? Not that you can tell once it's sold, but . . . ??

It's a really nice frame and I would give it a home and stick some photos in it.

Lucille.b, bercrystal and MrNate like this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Provenance? Yes, that could matter but... Odd wording "PROPERTY FROM THE LIFESTYLE OF ELIZABETH TAYLOR."

Debora

bercrystal and MrNate like this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Blimey!

cxgirl and MrNate like this.
  12. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but it does not say Sterling anywhere. I vote for plated which will change your estimate of value considerably I would think.

13. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

@ola402 I’m not 100% sure but I believe the title of that auction series is essentially like saying “hey this is a bunch of high end things that Elizabeth Taylor would have liked” rather than “hey these are things that were actually from her estate”… My initial research suggests that Elsa Peretti sterling Tiffany pieces sell at a nice premium and I’m waiting to hear back from that auction house on my piece.

Here’s the much smaller single bean frame that sells new for $425:

https://www.tiffany.com/accessories/frames/elsa-peretti-bean-frame-28176643/

@Bakersgma The frame says 925, it’s sterling not plated.

cxgirl and bercrystal like this.
  14. Ownedbybear

It says 925, which is how most of the Perretti stuff is marked.

cxgirl, bercrystal and MrNate like this.
  15. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Elsa Peretti did not produce plated work. And she manufactured in Spain which is where she lived at the end of her life.

Debora

MrNate and Ownedbybear like this.
  16. Ownedbybear

17. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. My eyes were not working all that well last night. :oops:

18. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

MrNate likes this.
  19. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the main page of that auction. https://www.julienslive.com/auctions/info/id/317

Again, the wording is confusing, likely intentionally so. But you're probably correct in assuming it may or may not have come from one of her houses, but who would know that anyway once the object was removed from her premises. Even the clothing descriptions were vague. In reading them I couldn't figure out if Taylor wore the clothing or if a retailer reproduced the exact same garment and sold it because everyone wanted one. All that aside, you've found a really nice piece that was worth the hour's drive!

bercrystal and MrNate like this.
  20. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

@Lucille.b Oops, I posted the same link. Although I don't think it's altogether clear. Maybe these were considered to be lesser items with unverified provenance?? That wording would make me not want to attend this auction, even if I could afford the items. LOL!

MrNate likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted