Bristol Milk glass lamp signed P Connin

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by 916Bulldogs123, Jul 4, 2014.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or know of the artist.
    have seen this artist signature on some antique Limoge pieces and also early deluxe Inc American Bristol vases and items.
    Even a vase listed in ebay now that is the same pansies pattern and signature. One lamp also with a scenic painting though.
    Is this an early piece of glass made into a lamp at a later period?

Mikey

atree 19055.jpg
    atree 19062.jpg
    atree 19063.jpg
    atree 19059.jpg

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I would call this hand painted milk glass and not Bristol glass. Most glass called Bristol glass is misnamed. Bristol style glass usually refers to 1880s Bohemian hand painted milk glass.

From what I could find, P. Connin was quite a prolific artist. My guess is that the person painted professionally for the company that provided the glass for the lamps.

There are quite a few items listed on different sites as painted by P. Connin. Some are attributing their lamps to the 1920s. Personally, I think that might be a little early.

I would think a 20s lamp would have a cloth wrapped cord. Your plug looks later than 20s.

Bonanza has a vase that matches your pansies.

3. Russell Merinar

Russell Merinar New Member

I have a similar lamp with the same signature. I was told its from the 1880s era. Does anyone know more about this?

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the signature is also associate with pieces stamped DeLuxe Inc. U.S.A. one listed as 1950s...

5. Charliebfc

Charliebfc Well-Known Member

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Russell, if you have not already done so you should start a new thread with photos of your own lamp.

Draft saved Draft deleted