Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Bristol or not, timeframe?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Ladybranch, post: 30902, member: 44"]>Clam broth is a very transparent light off color grayish white.<</p><p><br /></p><p>Hmmmm, you are so right Greg. Thank you. It is more of a grayish white color. Geeeee, there is a lot of Bristol type glass being miss named on the Internet.</p><p><br /></p><p>>Bohemia and Czechoslovakia overlap with Bohemia making up a good portion of the country that became Czechoslovakia...<</p><p><br /></p><p>That what I thought, but didn't know if in the world of glass it was considered so when Czech was specifically pointed out among the mention of Bohemia. I guess Bohemia would be considered a general area of origin and Czech possibly a more specific area or country???</p><p><br /></p><p>>i would call yours more of a light custard.<</p><p>>I don't see yellow ... hesitate to call it custard.<</p><p><br /></p><p>The first pic of the whole jar is the best for showing the true color. Now there may be a yellowish shade in the pics of the pontils due to the extreme sunlight. Those pics do look more custard in color, but I don't consider them true color.</p><p><br /></p><p>Thank you both for your input!</p><p><br /></p><p>--- Susan[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Ladybranch, post: 30902, member: 44"]>Clam broth is a very transparent light off color grayish white.< Hmmmm, you are so right Greg. Thank you. It is more of a grayish white color. Geeeee, there is a lot of Bristol type glass being miss named on the Internet. >Bohemia and Czechoslovakia overlap with Bohemia making up a good portion of the country that became Czechoslovakia...< That what I thought, but didn't know if in the world of glass it was considered so when Czech was specifically pointed out among the mention of Bohemia. I guess Bohemia would be considered a general area of origin and Czech possibly a more specific area or country??? >i would call yours more of a light custard.< >I don't see yellow ... hesitate to call it custard.< The first pic of the whole jar is the best for showing the true color. Now there may be a yellowish shade in the pics of the pontils due to the extreme sunlight. Those pics do look more custard in color, but I don't consider them true color. Thank you both for your input! --- Susan[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Bristol or not, timeframe?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...