Bronze eagle...can I get some help with the signature please?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Tucker Nuck, May 22, 2022.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

His brother? :hilarious::hilarious:
    That was my best shot I’m afraid :)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're not from Brabant?:) That is something we'd say here if it wasn't the right person: "zunnen bruur?" in local dialect.:playful: We use it a lot.

3. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member

@Tucker Nuck, I can relate to your feelings about the feedback you didn't ask for. I recently took a piece of jewelry to a jeweler to ask if they could tell me if the stone was glass or a gemstone. The person looked at it and immediately said in a condescending tone "it's not a valuable stone" which made me feel kind of foolish for even asking. Even though their pronouncement was factually correct, I simply wanted to know if it was glass or any type of gemstone.

I've noticed other members of this forum will say an item that looks poorly made or low quality was "made by a student or hobbyist," which doesn't come across as condescending. For new members who don't know the background of people providing opinions, it would be helpful if the contributing member would include their background information and experience with similar items at the same time they're providing opinions on the quality of an item, whether asked for or not.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

This is not a jewelry store.........

oh...and thanks for quoting a newbies post .... where the Mods deemed fit to DELETE a personal attack on me !!!

U Joan....seem to relate to his feelings.....

but don't seem to give a damn about MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about " feedback not asked for " ....

Rayo56 and Joan like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

I do, and I am very glad that part was deleted. It was something that should never have been said, it wasn't right.
    I know you have had a difficult time on the forum lately, and I am sorry you have. Although the quote wasn't the best choice, I don't think Joan meant to hurt your feelings. This seems to be a time when all of us can be misunderstood too easily.:(
    :kiss:

BoudiccaJones and Joan like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Since the OP hasn't shown any more interest in this thread, maybe we should all leave it be.

7. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member

@komokwa, I realized after my post that I shouldn't have included the quote with the deleted words (which I didn't see before the moderator deleted them) and I apologize for including that in my post, but I didn't think to go back and delete the quote until now. I do value the information you provide on this forum, and I do care about your feelings, but I also care about the feelings of new members who feel like they've been insulted.

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Yes, I only showed it because KSWs didn’t have a siggie and that would clarify the siggie wasn’t the artist.

Any Jewelry likes this.