BRONZE OWL WALL LIGHT-ORIGIN?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Darkwing Manor, May 9, 2022.

1. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Hello Fellow Antiquers,
    I've landed, two million packing boxes and all, in my new old house in Virginia. No more wildfire, drought and Cartel pot farms for this family.
    The boys made me take a day off from unpacking yesterday, so where did we end up? In an antique store of course! Where I found this! Bronze wall light, with what we think is a shell (not glass or isinglass?) replacement breast plate. Can't really tell if it was originally for electric or gas, nor age nor place of origin. No marks. The owner, who has tried to research it also, is genuinely puzzled too. He is asking $2000. Needs wiring. Any thoughts? Have you ever seen anything like it? Thank you!
    owlmail1.jpg owlmail4.jpg owlmail5.jpg owlmail3.jpg owlmail2.jpg

Figtree3, Boland, Born2it and 5 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

neat - O !!!!!

Born2it and Darkwing Manor like this.
  3. Darkwing Manor

I'm wavering between like and what-the-heck? Those legs though.. a cross between an orangutan and a Wookiee?

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Wow! That's a lot of moola!

Born2it, NewEngland and Aquitaine like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

SO, You're DIVING RIGHT IN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!???????!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::D:D:D:D:jawdrop::jawdrop:

6. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I always find it amusing when people ask outrageous prices when they don't even know anything about what they are selling :confused:

Figtree3, komokwa, Born2it and 2 others like this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I really think this to be a newer decorator item. I'd run fast at that price.

Figtree3, NewEngland and johnnycb09 like this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Im with Brad. I love it,but something says newer. It better be a Paul Revere teapot before i spend that kind of moola on it !

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's cool and i like it, but not that kind of money like it. I need a new bed and it'll run about that money. Rather have the bed. I'd throw ten bucks at the bird, top end for used.

10. Darkwing Manor

It IS solid bronze, folks.... and very large. Not a particularly out of line price for a cast-bronze piece. But something in the design just doesn't sit right and I'm going to pass on it. Thanks for your input, everyone.

Potteryplease and komokwa like this.
  11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like anything with owls on it... so thanks for posting this.

Really commenting because I hadn't realized you were moving. Wishing you well in your new house!

12. Darkwing Manor

Thank you!

Figtree3 likes this.