Featured bulb pendant necklace and wire necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by mekanah18, Jun 8, 2022.

1. mekanah18

mekanah18 Active Member

Hello,

I purchased these from an estate sale where everything was indicated as being older circa 1920's-30's. One is what appears to be some kind of hand gilded wire necklace either rose gold or copper with pretty little flowers and blue rhinestones set in prongs. I think this is much more contemporary though I'm not sure.

The second is a clear acrylic 'bulb' pendant necklace on a gold tone chain with fixed faux pearls. I also think this is much more contemporary. Both have spring ring clasps and neither have any stamps or signatures. Has anyone ever seen any pieces like these before?

IMG_3181-2.jpg IMG_3182-2.jpg IMG_3183-2.jpg IMG_3184-2.jpg IMG_3185-2.jpg IMG_3186-2.jpg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The first one is 1950s from the construction. I'd say 1960s on the other, at least for the pendant. Not so sure on the station pearl chain.

3. mekanah18

mekanah18 Active Member

Thank you! I thought maybe the first one was 1950's based on the backs of the flowers where the rhinestones are attached.

judy, LauraGarnet02 and Figtree3 like this.
  4. crazycatlady

crazycatlady Well-Known Member

The first one could be rolled gold wire

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That rolled gold bar work shows up a lot on 20s and 30s Czech stuff.

judy, mekanah18 and Figtree3 like this.
  6. evelyb30

It's also common in "boardwalk" jewelry. Gold filled bar stock twisted into names and things like Mother. Your Name Made While You Wait stuff. Most of that was post-WWII although I have a Victory pin made the same way.

Figtree3, judy and mekanah18 like this.
  7. mekanah18

mekanah18 Active Member

It's in such good condition it's hard to believe it would be that old though..

judy likes this.
  8. evelyb30

It may be a mushel - bits of this and pieces of that. The dangly bits have 1950s rivets, but if someone found old pieces from hither and yon in an old warehouse...who knows.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've stuff that age which is immaculate.

Figtree3, BoudiccaJones and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted