Featured Buster Brown Shoes advertising statue.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Katie Lansing, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Katie Lansing

Katie Lansing Member

Hello,
    I have only found one other like this. It is chalkware and stands about 17 inches high. I know for sure that it was a Buster Brown counter piece for stores. I was just hoping someone would know about the time period it is from and the value of this piece. front.jpg back.jpg Dog.jpg

Joe2007, pearlsnblume, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

All I can tell you is that I remember Buster Brown ads at the Sat morning movies I went to in the 1940s.

pearlsnblume, judy, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  4. Katie Lansing

Katie Lansing Member

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Wow! I liked it even before I saw the price realized on that auction link ..... I had to pick up my jaw off of the floor for that one. Yours appears to be in much superior condition.

judy likes this.
  6. Katie Lansing

Katie Lansing Member

Yes, Thank You!! Just not should what the value of this one is beings the auction link is from 2007. Did it go up in value or did it stay the same?

judy likes this.
  7. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Honestly I am not sure. Although many categories of antiques have gone down significantly in the past decade+, advertising collectables seem to have done fairly well in comparison and I can envision an scenario where your example could realize more than the 2007 result. You might want to contact Morphy Auctions or any other large auction house that sells a lot of higher end advertising items and ask their opinion on your item. Many auction houses will give a quick opinion (not a professional appraisal) for no cost in hopes you will consign your item through them.

judy likes this.
  8. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Katie Lansing, Joe2007 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted