Featured C. Benolt oil painting.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Armando0831, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I passed this oil painting up at the Goodwill but I looked at the artist when I got back into my car. I quickly went back in and grabbed it. It's a beautiful painting from an artist C. Benolt. It's roughly 20x 30, plus or minus. I've done some research but I'm coming up with others trying to find more information about the artist. Some people say he was an artist in Europe and I've read that it was an artist who did paintings in FL. Supposedly his name is Charles Benolt. Price ranges from $40-$100+. One listing said they had theirs appraised at $6,000-$10,000. This artist needs to be identified.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well, the subject matter is American Indian bead work , quill work and weaving......if that's of any help.
    To me , at least...it's one of the nicer things you've picked up......& I hope for you it's worth a truck load of money !

3. Armando0831

Thank you. I hope that it would bring a truck load of money but the way it looks, a lot of people have paintings from him. I've mostly seen dolphin and sunflower paintings from him. This is surely a painting I'll be hanging on to for my future great grand kids.

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I would take that with a big grain of salt. While the painting is rather nice, no painting by an obscure relatively unknown artist is going to be worth that kind of money.

scoutshouse and Fid like this.
  5. Armando0831

I am taking that estimate with a grain of salt. Hoping that one day the identity of the artist is known better to the art community.

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I recently saw a C. Benolt at a local TS and I passed it. Had few before, sunflowers and some deep see life. Bought them cheap, and sold them for a little profit.
    He seems to be R. Cox type of artist.

scoutshouse and Fid like this.
  7. OneRose

OneRose New Member

I've seen an oil painting signed by C Benolt of sunflowers sell for $4,100 at auction. I'm not saying yours is valued at that much.

scoutshouse and Armando0831 like this.
  8. fidbald

fidbald Well-Known Member

seems, some people think it's Berolt
    IMO not even third drawer

scoutshouse likes this.
  9. Armando0831

Thank you kindly OneRose. It's a painting that I'm hanging onto because I like it. Thank you for the info

scoutshouse likes this.
  10. Toni P

Toni P New Member

Did you ever find out more information on this artist and the painting? I have one also that is southwestern, Indian.

scoutshouse and Armando0831 like this.
  11. Kendra

Kendra New Member

I just picked up a sunflower in vase oil painting, which is 18x22, signed "C. Benolt". I only paid $6 for it a local thrift store, and I can't find very much information either! Regardless, it's a very pretty painting!

12. komokwa

show us the siggy please....

or for that matter......the painting too !

scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  13. Armando0831

I have it hanging on my wall and really haven't pushed the issue. Maybe one day all will be answered.

scoutshouse likes this.
  14. komokwa

maybe if toni or kendra would post theirs you could get closer to....one day !

well.....maybe one day...:)

scoutshouse likes this.
  15. Arkkllc

Arkkllc New Member

I have a Paris painting with the C Benolt signature. Is it worth anything? I bought it in Portland, OR when I was 19. That was in 2001.

scoutshouse likes this.
  16. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    You really need to start a new thread with photos of your painting. It is very difficult to say what you have without seeing it. Welcome to the board.
    greg

scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  17. sandy toes

sandy toes New Member

Charles Redmond Benolt, is a 20th century artist who is well known for the 3-D lifelike oil paintings. He was considered a Florida artist. When I had my oil painting done by Benolt, it was appraised at $1200, only because it's of an Eagle in flight in snow covered mountains, something I was told is unusual for Mr. Benolt. I was going to post a photo of the painting & signature, but don't see anywhere to do that.
    Sandy Toes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    scoutshouse likes this.
  18. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

19. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Maybe it's just me but these look like some factory paintings I've seen (at least to me).

Fid, Christmasjoy and anundverkaufen like this.
  20. kelly123456

kelly123456 New Member

[​IMG] hi i have a c benolt sunflowers olt painting at home. does anyone know the value in pounds roughly please? its in brilliant condition

Draft saved Draft deleted