Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Calling all stein experts #1
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Miscstuff, post: 2410366, member: 1331"]Got this 0.5L Mettlach stein in superb condition recently and have a couple of questions. This is model 1695 and is known as “the hunters” and usually has a ceramic inlaid lid but mine doesn’t. I read somewhere that the inlaid lid cost more than the rest of the stein so I’m wondering if Mettlach made a cheaper version with a plain pewter lid. I know they mix and matched their lids a lot. Also my lid is a little skewed when looking towards the handle. So first question… have I got an original “cheaper” lid? Second question relates to the date of manufacture. The number 89 and 10 appear on the incised bottom so it is either 1889 or 1910. Any ideas which?</p><p><br /></p><p>Data</p><p><br /></p><p>26.7cm High 10.4cm round 1.1Kg</p><p><br /></p><p>Cheers</p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]263578[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]263579[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]263580[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]263581[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]263582[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Miscstuff, post: 2410366, member: 1331"]Got this 0.5L Mettlach stein in superb condition recently and have a couple of questions. This is model 1695 and is known as “the hunters” and usually has a ceramic inlaid lid but mine doesn’t. I read somewhere that the inlaid lid cost more than the rest of the stein so I’m wondering if Mettlach made a cheaper version with a plain pewter lid. I know they mix and matched their lids a lot. Also my lid is a little skewed when looking towards the handle. So first question… have I got an original “cheaper” lid? Second question relates to the date of manufacture. The number 89 and 10 appear on the incised bottom so it is either 1889 or 1910. Any ideas which? Data 26.7cm High 10.4cm round 1.1Kg Cheers [ATTACH=full]263578[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]263579[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]263580[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]263581[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]263582[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Calling all stein experts #1
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...