Featured Cambridge Glass Watermelon Candy Jar to Show, also ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Sep 5, 2020.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I bought this candy jar for the lid becaise there is a large crack in the base. After much research, I looked in HMW II and found it under Cambridge Glass. It's a Rose Bud Candy Jar, the R site calls it Rose Finial (although they spelled finial wrong). I intend to keep it. At first I was going to sell just the lid, but now I really like it and think it should stay here.

What do you think would be the best way to try to search for a replacement jar? I'm thinking it would be almost impossible to locate one. The crack in the jar is holding so it can be used, but I will have to be careful. Here it is! TaDa!

DSCF6798.jpg

DSCF6799.jpg

DSCF6800.jpg

DSCF6801.jpg

DSCF6802.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Hi, Ola! I really like it too, and think it should stay with you too!

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Usually the top is what gets broken.
    So you might search for pink depression vase. Most people aren't going to know that it is actually the base to a candy jar.

Adding some may even call it a pink celery.

4. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Until you find a replacement base, possibly consider re-inforcing the crack by gluing on some glass leaves and rosebuds making a graceful swoosh over the crack. Glass leaves are readily available at beading supply companies, probably rosebuds too.

5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Those are very good ideas for searching.

I would never have thought of that, Thanks! My plan was to turn the bad side to the back.

Now I'm becoming obsessed with these candy jars. Through research I found that Cambridge made them in several two tone colors and with etches. And yet, this is the only one I've ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted