Featured cambridge ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rclinftl, Aug 15, 2023.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

I cam4.png cam7.png

I thought this was Cambridge Nautilus - but apparently not - ball jug with center round indent - reeded handle - a different pattern by cambridge ? appreciate any help...

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. Rclinftl

thanxies - I was way off on that one - have another that I will post when I get home tonight...

pearlsnblume and TallCakes like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful color!

wlwhittier and Rclinftl like this.
  5. Rclinftl

ok - so I think there are 2 different pitchers/jugs that are falling under the same catalog as Dunbar 5207 - as you see the prior pictures I posted (I grabbed them off the net while I was at work) and ALL the other pics of this jug I could find online and on eBay and on the links that TallCakes posted the jug has an indented circle on the sides and 3 large rings - but here is the set that I bought today - which has a flattened but NOT INDENTED circle on each side - has the 3 large rings that comprise the body of the jug - but also has a set of 3 thinner but VERY PRONOUNCED set of 3 rings on each side which none of the examples I can find anywhere have.... I checked the tumblers and they do match the ones that are being sold with the Dunbar jug that has the indented sides and only the 3 large rings - so it is Dunbar but it is most certainly different...
    1.jpg 1a.jpg 1b.jpg 1d.jpg 1f.jpg 1g.jpg 1h.jpg

6. Rclinftl

so when I bought this jug today and saw those very pronounced smaller rings I just thought "ohhh - what a great Cambridge jug"

7. Rclinftl

funny - I just uploaded the pic to replacements and the first hit is Cambridge Tally Ho - it is not the same shaped jug but very similiar... I'm confuzzeled :O)

Draft saved Draft deleted