Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Cameo Beginnings
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Bronwen, post: 13171807, member: 5833"]Where is this from? I don't recognize it as Milne's language. It's a retelling.</p><p><br /></p><p>A.A. Milne. Winnie-the-Pooh, Chapter V, In Which Piglet Meets a Heffalump</p><p><br /></p><p>As soon as [Pooh] got home, he went to the larder; and he stood on a chair, and took down a very large jar of honey from the top shelf. It had HUNNY written on it, but, just to make sure, he took off the paper cover and looked at it, and it <i>looked</i> just like honey. "But you never can tell, " said Pooh. "I remember my uncle saying once that he had seen cheese just this colour." So he put his tongue in, and took a large lick. "Yes," he said, "it is. No doubt about that. And honey, I should say, right down to the bottom of the jar. Unless, of course," he said, "somebody put cheese in at the bottom just for a joke. Perhaps I had better go a little further...just in case...in case Heffalumps <i>don't</i> like cheese..same as me...Ah!"[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Bronwen, post: 13171807, member: 5833"]Where is this from? I don't recognize it as Milne's language. It's a retelling. A.A. Milne. Winnie-the-Pooh, Chapter V, In Which Piglet Meets a Heffalump As soon as [Pooh] got home, he went to the larder; and he stood on a chair, and took down a very large jar of honey from the top shelf. It had HUNNY written on it, but, just to make sure, he took off the paper cover and looked at it, and it [I]looked[/I] just like honey. "But you never can tell, " said Pooh. "I remember my uncle saying once that he had seen cheese just this colour." So he put his tongue in, and took a large lick. "Yes," he said, "it is. No doubt about that. And honey, I should say, right down to the bottom of the jar. Unless, of course," he said, "somebody put cheese in at the bottom just for a joke. Perhaps I had better go a little further...just in case...in case Heffalumps [I]don't[/I] like cheese..same as me...Ah!"[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Cameo Beginnings
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...