Featured Cameo Glass Be Wary

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cxgirl, Mar 16, 2018.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Seeing the thread on Kard's cameo glass I was poking around to see if I could find anything on his piece.
    I found a signed 'Galle' piece that sold on Jan31/18 for $1500.00, it had 39 bids between 2 bidders. I had a look at the photos and saw the TIP mark which means it isn't Galle but made in Romanina and felt badly that someone paid so much money for a fake Galle. Then I see the same piece has sold again (March 7/18), this time for $200.00, and oddly enough it is one of the bidders from the first time. I do wonder though, they put the photo of TIP in the auctions but didn't mention it - maybe they didn't know what it meant.
    I've seen a few of these pieces and they are nice glass, just not worth the same price as a Galle piece. I wouldn't spend $200.00 on them but to some people that is an okay price.
    I guess the point of this post is that you have to be careful buying stuff - it might be listed as Galle or whatever but you need to do research to make sure you don't spend too much for fakes or reproductions:)
    1st auction
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Cameo-Glass-Style-Vase-Signed-Galle-Lot-372-/173098944428?hash=item284d8047ac:g:89wAAOSwI~taa5Wr&nma=true&si=F7Eivsg9Zfh%2FRCdkU9u%2FiDvKsQo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    2nd auction
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Cameo-Glass-Style-Vase-Signed-Galle-Lot-79-/173187453230?hash=item2852c6d12e:g:KbEAAOSwZWpal74r&nma=true&si=F7Eivsg9Zfh%2FRCdkU9u%2FiDvKsQo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

1st buyer likely sent it back......

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I think the buyer is the same for both - the id is the same. I do wonder about the second bidder in the first auction, if maybe he was just bidding the other guy up.
    Something happened though and it was put back up for auction.

5. komokwa

ever since eBlech hid the bidders......shenanigans have run wild....

cxgirl and yourturntoloveit like this.
  6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing, CX. Good to point this kind of thing out.

cxgirl and Aquitaine like this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

That's my feeling also.

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've been asked to cancel two sales in the last few months because the buyer didn't read the description until AFTER the auction closed. Maybe that happened here too.

judy likes this.
  9. komokwa

:(

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

One of the two pieces has since sold again, with positive feedback, and the other has bids.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted