CAMEO OPINION....@BRONWEN'S OPINION ET AL......

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, May 18, 2020.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Never stay up until the wee hours browsing auctions......it WILL get you into trouble!!!! I found this cameo and would like your opinions on it please.....it already has 5 bidders in the wings.....the auction starts in 5 hours.....and I'm fine with whatever.....I just thought it looked rather nice.....but there are two cracks in the back....don't know if they are significant or not.....so, here it is! And then I have to run, but most certainly will be back!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LOOKING AND HONEST OPINIONS....really not sure would buy anyway, I'm mostly interested in info!!!! So, have at it if anyone's interested, I wouldn't bid against anyone!!! It's in New Milford, CT., with LiveAuctioneers....link here:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/167371_hope-springs-eternal-auction/

CAMEO5-DESCRIPT.jpg

CAMEO1.jpg

CAMEO2-BACK.jpg

CAMEO3-TOP CRACK.jpg

CAMEO4-LLCRACK.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Let's see. She's very nice, not phenomenal, a bacchante/maenad, helmet shell, unsigned. I was ready to say she is not Victorian, based on clasp, etc., but findings all look like they were added later. The cracks are insignificant. No bids yet, so no one with a really avid interest. Buyer's premium is 25%, I didn't read details to see if sales tax is charged. They don't do in house shipping, so you have to arrange it. A hammer price of $100 would mean a final cost of at least $150. Only you know how much you would be willing to pay. :)

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Thank you Bronwen.....am still very much on the fence....am heading there now to check again....haven't been since I posted this....

EDIT: The lot was passed! Guess no-one bid....and that's fine!! NO remorse!!:joyful::smuggrin: Thanks for the help, again!!!

Figtree3 and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted