Cameo ring

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ashleigh Sartin, May 15, 2024.

1. Ashleigh Sartin

Ashleigh Sartin New Member

Can anyone date this cameo ring and possibly tell me what is worth? It's got a circled 800 stamp on the bottom.
    17157901527627628291805349449610.jpg

Dessert58 and Bronwen like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Debora has already been kind enough to tag our cameo expert Bronwen but, while we wait, I'll give MHO as I like to "dabble" in cameos.
    I'm thinking it's from sometime in the middle third of the 20th century and the cameo is carved in mother-of-pearl. The "800" indicates the setting is a low-grade (not sterling) silver. It depicts a generic pretty girl.
    This is not a site for valuations but a quick ebay check shows similar for sale in the range of $50 US, though most SOLD prices were closer to $35 US. The way you've displayed the ring on your finger makes the size appear tiny, that will affect pricing, too. Larger size rings do better.

Figtree3, Dessert58, Bronwen and 4 others like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Apologies, @bluumz, for not tagging you as well. Mea culpa.

Debora

bluumz, Bronwen, Marote and 2 others like this.
  6. Ashleigh Sartin

Ashleigh Sartin New Member

I appreciate your input. It's not too tiny. I have larger fingers than most women. It fits on my left ring finger. Normally I wear a 10, but after losing weight I would say it's probably an 8.

bluumz, Bronwen, Marote and 1 other person like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's a good size for selling. It's an .800 fineness silver and carved shell ring. It's nothing crazy or really old. I'd be thinking 1980s or so.

8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I don't have a whole lot to add. I'm with @bluumz on age; probably 50s-60s. It looks like an attractively made ring, a good size, very pretty when worn I'm sure. The 800 fineness mark is Italian.

9. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Oh, that is a good size! In the photo, it's only on the tip of your finger so I thought it was a tiny size. :sorry:

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted