Cameo ring

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ashleigh Sartin, May 15, 2024 at 12:25 PM.

1. Ashleigh Sartin

Ashleigh Sartin New Member

Can anyone date this cameo ring and possibly tell me what is worth? It's got a circled 800 stamp on the bottom.
    17157901527627628291805349449610.jpg

Dessert58 and Bronwen like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Debora has already been kind enough to tag our cameo expert Bronwen but, while we wait, I'll give MHO as I like to "dabble" in cameos.
    I'm thinking it's from sometime in the middle third of the 20th century and the cameo is carved in mother-of-pearl. The "800" indicates the setting is a low-grade (not sterling) silver. It depicts a generic pretty girl.
    This is not a site for valuations but a quick ebay check shows similar for sale in the range of $50 US, though most SOLD prices were closer to $35 US. The way you've displayed the ring on your finger makes the size appear tiny, that will affect pricing, too. Larger size rings do better.

Figtree3, Dessert58, Bronwen and 4 others like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Apologies, @bluumz, for not tagging you as well. Mea culpa.

Debora

bluumz, Bronwen, Marote and 2 others like this.
  6. Ashleigh Sartin

Ashleigh Sartin New Member

I appreciate your input. It's not too tiny. I have larger fingers than most women. It fits on my left ring finger. Normally I wear a 10, but after losing weight I would say it's probably an 8.

bluumz, Bronwen, Marote and 1 other person like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's a good size for selling. It's an .800 fineness silver and carved shell ring. It's nothing crazy or really old. I'd be thinking 1980s or so.

8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I don't have a whole lot to add. I'm with @bluumz on age; probably 50s-60s. It looks like an attractively made ring, a good size, very pretty when worn I'm sure. The 800 fineness mark is Italian.

9. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Oh, that is a good size! In the photo, it's only on the tip of your finger so I thought it was a tiny size. :sorry:

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted