Cameo Signature Help Needed

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Bronwen, May 30, 2019.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Think first letter is T. I see a shape that looks like r & think there are 2 more Ts, but not together. There was no photo of the back with the pin out of the way.

OK all you eagle-eyed members, go to it. Keep in mind name is probably Italian:

upload_2019-5-30_10-50-34.png

Ally330 likes this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Looking at it, I can't make out much. Which one is the possible r? Just before the first t, or just after it?

Bronwen likes this.
  3. Bronwen

Just before, the angular (squarish) looking bit. Thanks for applying your eyes. :)

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Puntini?

judy and Bronwen like this.
  5. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

6. Bronwen

I would consider F as first initial & surname starting with M, if that thing that looks so much like a cursive r were not there.

Janice Nicholls likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

See if this helps at all @Bronwen, 'cuz other than editing, I haven't a clue!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ZZ888_2019-5-30_10-50-34XX.jpg

judy, KikoBlueEyes, Dawnno and 4 others like this.
  8. Bronwen

Thanks so much. I have a fancy-schmancy photo editing program I barely know how to use. It's a later version of something I had before, doesn't handle contrast the same way & I never get such good results with it. And haven't a clue how you got the pin out of there! Do you make your living in a way that you need to know these things?

Often hard to sort out what's signature & what's a meaningless scratch. Think now that first big upstroke is an L. [Edit:eek:r lower case F.] I'm basing my interpretation on the signature of another Italian cutter whose signature looks like the tracing of an EKG & is indecipherable unless you already know what it is.

judy likes this.
  9. Bronwen

Either I did it alone, or it was with the assistance of one of the cats, got that boy when all I wanted was o.

judy, KikoBlueEyes and Figtree3 like this.
  10. Bronwen

11. Aquitaine

Thanks!! No, it's strictly hobby for me!!! AND relaxation!! I try very hard to NOT touch anything that I even THINK might be part of an image or lettering so as not to disrupt what's trying to be deciphered! All fun to me, even if it might take a while!! I have an older version of Photoshop (well not THAT old....but one that I OWN, not the monthly subscription that they want you to rent NOW!!) I should have been born 25 years later and then I'd somehow be involved in some sort of graphic editing!!!! Oh, and I don't think I will EVER know ALL of the Photoshop program.....there's just too much of it.....but I also use other programs too to enhance as needed as well! Hope you and/or others can figure out the siggy!!!!

12. Bronwen

I have Photopaint. Too technical for me & I don't have time or inclination to find out what a lot of the features do.

KikoBlueEyes, Aquitaine and kyratango like this.
  13. Bronwen

Evidently you can't type a colon followed by a lower case o, the way you can't type colon with close parens, without getting an emoji :eek:

KikoBlueEyes and Aquitaine like this.
  14. Bronwen

It took me a year or more to work this one out & really only able to do it because I knew there was a cameo cutter by this name, so was able to guess the whole based on parts. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out the wrong word because it is scratched in more deeply than the name itself.

Reverchon Perseus sig A.jpg

He made his 'r's like 'v's. The bottom word, which I was trying to make the name, says 'graveur'. The name of the French cutter is 'Reverchon'.

kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  15. Bronwen

@Aquitaine Do me a favor? At your convenience, can you work your magic on this one? It's much clearer than the one that started this thread, & I have a provisional spelling, but it has still been difficult to be certain.

Diana Versailles Mocchi C.jpg

kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  16. Aquitaine

I'll try....:)

kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  17. Aquitaine

WOW! They don't make it easy for you!! How old is it??

kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  18. Dawnno

Dawnno Well-Known Member

Any idea how old? 1940s or earlier?

Agree it's a T, possibly a J but not really hooked.
    also agree on r, t and t.

if Italian, the ending could be "tuti" which is not an uncommon surname ending.

So T_rtuti ...
    Turtuti?

@Aquitaine 's image really helped.

judy, kyratango, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  19. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Could the first letter be an H? as Hurt . . .

judy and Bronwen like this.
  20. Aquitaine

@Bronwen, does this inverted image help to begin with??? And I think it might begin with a J or a T.....

ZZ888 NDS HELP-Diana Versailles Mocchi Cxxx.jpg

Msalicia, judy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted