Featured CAMEOS: Show & Tell or Ask & Answer

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Bronwen, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

@bluumz is a jewelry rack wearing a cameo, mine is a cameo wearing a jewelry rack.

KSW, Houseful, Xristina and 3 others like this.
  2. Jivvy

There are four creations held by one auction house that I believe all had the same creator.

Of the four, there is one I would hang on the wall as an objet d'art.

Plus, there's this one, which I admit, if it had a different cameo and I was in a Gene Rodenberry sort of mood, there may have been a night I would have worn it... alcohol would have been a big part of the evening.

temp02.jpg

KSW, Xristina, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Thank goodness! I thought it was someone's idea of modern art, LOL.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

KSW, Figtree3, Jivvy and 2 others like this.
  4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Women's lib expressed via cameo:

cameobra1.png

KSW, Xristina, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

:joyful::joyful::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

KSW, kyratango and Jivvy like this.
  6. Bronwen

Watched the last part of the movie Gallaxy Quest on TV last night. I was unfamiliar with it but friend who did know it told me I had to. This brooch, with its uninspiring opal cameo & probably real sapphire, would have fit right in, on the lady octopus aliens.

KSW and kyratango like this.
  7. Bronwen

Ah, c'mon @bluumz Not first thing in the morning! When I switched to this page, that thing smacked me in the face like a D cup. Wear the right top, & you won't need a button to tell people you aren't wearing a bra. ;)

8. Bronwen

Probably made by Amadeo & quite likely sold by Neiman Marcus.

9. Jivvy

I suspect at least 10% of our family lexicon is based on Galaxy Quest quotes.

Off the top of my head, here are the top three (most regular usage):

3. Did you guys ever watch the show?!
    2. We'll do that!

and the, nearly-a-daily-quote, all time favorite, number 1 Galaxy Quest quote:

Maybe I should get some pants on.

KSW, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  10. Bronwen

Missed perhaps as much as the first hour, so might have missed a couple of these. Do recall 'Did you guys ever watch the show?', although I may be remembering a similar bit of guy saying it to another, 'Did you ever watch the show? One of the funnier lines to me too. I have not seen all the Star Trek movies, so probably missed some allusions, but spotted many & some were hilarious. And just the general premise of, no matter how bad a fix they were in, no matter how ill equipped they were to deal with, they always got out successfully.

@Jivvy Do you ever go to bed?

11. Jivvy

lol. I have wondered the same about you. I promise that I sleep anywhere from four hours (very bad night) to ten hours (glorious night) per night.

But I do go non-stop in the awake hours, start to finish. :snaphappy: <-- pretend that's a Borg

My mom was a HUGE Star Trek fan. When I was in high school, I attended a Star Trek Convention... with MY MOM. At the Tampa Airport Holiday Inn. Apparently the Convention was a financial failure, but for us, it was an absolute blast and a favorite Mom-Moment for me.

WE MET JAMES DOOHAN AND GEORGE TAKEI.

Not my flyer, but:

Trekon76flyer.jpg

KSW, kyratango, bluumz and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bronwen

It would be an understatement to say I have a dysregulated sleep pattern. I can easily sleep 10 hours many days, but don't consider it glorious, I call it avoiding what I need to get up & get doing.

What an enormously fun memory that must be, Trekking with your mom. Who was her favorite character? I know when my mom & I watched a show we both liked together, she liked it for the sexiest guy & I liked the Spock types: Illya Kuryakin over Napoleon Solo. But we both liked Burke's Law for the same reason. :)

KSW, Xristina and kyratango like this.
  13. Jivvy

If I sleep for ten hours, it's because my prescriptions worked. I've just never been good at sleeping and as I get older, it gets worse.

My mom loved James Doohan. Spock was my crush -- not so much for his smarts, but his brokenness. Yeah, I thought a fixer-upper was good mate material.

My first marriage corrected me of that notion. :eek::hilarious:

(My apologies to people who come here for the cameos. :bucktooth: )

KSW, Houseful, Xristina and 2 others like this.
  14. Bronwen

We're just having a little Sunday morning girl talk. As soon as someone finds an interesting cameo, we'll be back on track. Think of this as SNL, 'Coffee Talk', when Linda Richman would say "Talk among yourselves" when she needed to take a moment.

KSW, Houseful, Xristina and 2 others like this.
  15. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I'll take care of getting us back on track with MY...FAVORITE...CAMEO...EVER.
    Cleopatra dissolving the pearl, after a painting by Carlo Maratta:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KSW, Houseful, Xristina and 3 others like this.
  16. Bronwen

It is an absolutely gorgeous cameo. Think is was listed on eBay & I was in the bidding, but just went too high for me. Where did you find it? Memory is that Giovanna di Rosa, antiquecameosltd won it. Memory gives me fake news a lot.

KSW, Xristina and Jivvy like this.
  17. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I first saw it on antiquecameos dot net. It sold on RubyLane but I don't know the final price.

KSW, Xristina and Bronwen like this.
  18. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Superb! And wow... THAT PEARL!:wideyed::p
    Strange Egyptian outfit though:hilarious:

KSW, bluumz, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  19. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

20. Jivvy

So worthy of a return to the subject!

KSW, bluumz, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted