Featured CAMEOS: Show & Tell or Ask & Answer

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Bronwen, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I can readily see the first letter as not-L; can't focus it as an S, although can envision cases of L/S confusion with cursive script. Really need a photo of the area covered by the hot spot to get any further. I can see what might be a capital J starting a second word, or some mix of an upstroke & random scratches in the middle.

2. Bronwen

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

what a beautiful set BMRT:) did the seller send you the photo too?

BMRT, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  4. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

Yes, the seller did send me the photo!

kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

KSW and Bronwen like this.
  6. BMRT

Thank you @Jivvy. Learning the hard way sometimes.

7. BMRT

I missed addressing this somehow. To be very honest? I am not sure what exactly he intended to do. Since I could never get a flat answer on if it was outsourced somewhere or not and only vague, “sometimes we send things out” and “I’m not sure who worked on it” I would imagine he’s simply going to ask what type of either heat or acid got on it depending on where it went/who worked on it. Of course he also didn’t tell me when he would call me back, he was MUCH too in a hurry to get me to leave.

To be fair I was also upset and not thinking clearly. I have his number and a lovely follow up call is happening tomorrow. When I looked at their store policy online I noticed a nice little disclaimer I had missed before notifying customers how they are not responsible for items left with them for longer than 30 days.

I’d loath for my issue to somehow end up falling under this “30 day” rule.

8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

That was "the one that got away" for me, I saw the same cameo listed for sale earlier this year and hummmmed and haaawwed about the price... meanwhile, someone else bought it. (I don't mean that your partner necessarily bought you the exact same one I was looking at... Noto made quite a few of these based on La Vague.) Beautiful!!

My ex used to just hand me money, saying, "You know better than me what you like." True, but kinda takes the joy out of it.

I immediately dubbed it "Lutece Mol". :rolleyes:

Jivvy, kyratango, BMRT and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bronwen

I do not want to know:

[​IMG]

KSW, Jivvy and kyratango like this.
  10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Bath time for birdy.
    Or maybe, "Into the stew pot!"

KSW, Jivvy, kyratango and 1 other person like this.
  11. Bronwen

12. BMRT

Amethyst?

KSW, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  13. Bronwen

Yes. I don't often like carved gem stones like this & generally the harder they were to do because of the hardness of the stone, the less I like them. Not sure I have ever seen a carved sapphire I would want, & the rare engraved diamonds I've seen leave me cold. Amethyst is quartz just as chalcedony, the mineral used for most hardstone cameos, is, so not different to work. Sometimes the stone chosen is just too dark to make out what's there & sometimes, when you see it, what's there is meh. This is probably copied from an older engraved gem but I don't know offhand who she is meant to be. Ariadne, Niobe...

kyratango and BMRT like this.
  14. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I believe I've posted this beauty before, done in peridot. (I like the amethyst subject better, and that setting is so unusual.)

[​IMG]

Houseful, Xristina, KSW and 3 others like this.
  15. BMRT

Brings to mind Queen Elizabeth and her court. I believe I’ve missed this when you posted it before. She’s beautiful.

kyratango, bluumz and Bronwen like this.
  16. Bronwen

Quite likely it is. I remember seeing it before but always good to see again.

kyratango and bluumz like this.
  17. evelyb30

I'm not really a cameo freak, but I'd wear that green or no green.

18. Bronwen

kyratango likes this.
  19. evelyb30

Probably not, but cutting it in sapphire is a pretty good trick!

20. Bronwen

It is. It would require diamond dust. For the chalcedonies, corundum is sufficient. Have been told that Chinese jade work took off when they found corundum & how it could be used. Before then it took a very long time to make a piece if it required much shaping.

bluumz and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted