Featured CAMEOS: Show & Tell or Ask & Answer

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Bronwen, Dec 20, 2017.

1. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Fairy and bunny tale!:joyful:

KSW and Bronwen like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

KSW, Figtree3 and Houseful like this.
  3. Bronwen

This came from the UK & for some Age of Coronavirus reason, made its first US stop in LA & had to get through customs there. Took a while, but here's the new Schmoll:

Sll Muses Cupid Q 1C.jpg Sll Muses Cupid Q 1D.jpg

4. Bronwen

Head scratcher of the day. Why would any jeweller do this?

[​IMG]

KSW and kyratango like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Because they could? Someone bought it, so that's probably why.

KSW, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  6. Bronwen

If you bought that for me as a gift, I would definitely think less of you. :p

7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Or this?

Screenshot (45).png Screenshot (46).png

KSW, Figtree3, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  8. kyratango

9. Bronwen

Not surprised to see it is Italian. At least the cameo is pretty & competent & doesn't have a huge rock squashing it. Could send it to kyratango to have the color scheme changed. She could do wonders with nail polish.

KSW, kyratango and bluumz like this.
  10. kyratango

:joyful:If I can, everybody can, with a toothpick!:)
    :kiss:Bronwen!

KSW, Figtree3 and Bronwen like this.
  11. Bronwen

It would have to be seen as expressionist art if I tried to do it. My hands shake. The more I need to control them for small, precise movements, such as threading a needle, the worse it is. When I finally put polish on my toenails so I could wear sandals without being offensive, I was lucky not to get it all over my toes. :kiss::kiss:

kyratango likes this.
  12. Bronwen

13. kyratango

KSW, Houseful and Bronwen like this.
  14. Bronwen

Whenever someone has one of these for many hundreds of dollars, & I feel compelled to correct them, I always try to sweeten the news by telling them they still get approx $100 even when buyer knows it is resin. So, this one not out of line. It's that compact...:banghead::banghead:

15. MaJa

MaJa Active Member

16. Roshan Ko

Roshan Ko Well-Known Member

Not affiliated to either of these sellers. Was looking for some pens and came across these Cameos

https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/six-shell-cameos-and-two-others_C964C63A3D/

The lady with the grapes in her hair on extreme left caught my eye. Also those 2 set in black stone? is it jet or onyx.
    https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/thirteen-miniature-shell-cameos_1D14CB8B7B/

Rather expensive for broken cameo? is it why there are no bids
    https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/an-interesting-collection-of-fragments-of-shell-c_8914F78B77/

17. Bronwen

The cameos in the first group are all good to very good work & all but one appear to have no damage. The one that does has probably been filed down to be less jagged. You would get a mix of helmet shell, conch shell & lava. Did not spot any signatures.

The second lot is not worth having except, as you rightly note, the bacchante on the left, who is excellent. The black frames are jet.

Forget the last lot. No broken masterpieces there.

Now my rant. If these all came from the same consignor, either they've been removing the cameos from their settings for the value of the metal or buying from others who do. Maybe has a friend in the scrapping business. That last lot is like a graveyard.

18. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Poor things! I normally wouldn't like cameos used in a craft project, but this group might be an exception.

KSW and Bronwen like this.
  19. Bronwen

There are perhaps a handful that would have been fairly nice when they were intact. And there's an unusual subject on the scallop shell shaped fragment in the second row over on the left. Looks like a modern young woman leaning out of a window.

KSW, kyratango and Figtree3 like this.
  20. Bronwen

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted