CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS RING?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by LEE MALLINSON, Nov 1, 2016.

1. LEE MALLINSON

LEE MALLINSON New Member

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Welcome. Are there any marks/markings on the inside of the shank or behind the face?

3. LEE MALLINSON

LEE MALLINSON New Member

Nothing that I can see.

4. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

To get the most attention to items in questions, pics should be included in queries. Very few people will take the time to click a link to see items as well as most are leery to click unknown links. I have taken the liberty of cropping your pics for better viewing and including them in this message. I have no help on IDing your ring. Mansons questions about any markings is very important in helping to give you info on this ring.

--- Susan

IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2583.JPG

plaid423 and lauragarnet like this.
  5. Ladybranch

Looks copper with yellow & black enameling. Not sure what that teardrop stone is in the middle. Wonder if the top/face is suppose to be a flower or an Aztec something design?? With a chicken/bird and flowers on the shank, Mexican comes to mind. These are just my 1st impressions. Do wait for the jewelry gurus to chime in.

--- Susan

lauragarnet likes this.
  6. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

The design on the side with the bird reminds of the Pennsylvania Dutch distelfink.

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's screaming 1980s to me.

Ladybranch likes this.
  8. Ladybranch

I like the idea of the 1980s. One of my early thoughts with that flower design on the top, flowers and possible dove of peace on shank and of copper was late 1960s "flower children" jewelry.

--- Susan

Draft saved Draft deleted