Featured Can anyone help identify hallmark and/or maker's marks? 18k Lapis diamond necklace and earrings set.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Itsykitschyspider, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Itsykitschyspider

Itsykitschyspider New Member

lapis set.jpg 20230120_101039.jpg 20230120_100912.jpg 5tl8tsfpj8da1.jpg This is a cool lapis and diamond necklace and earrings set that I am trying to research. Modernist style. The chain is not original to the set. These marks are pretty cool, but I am unable to find them.

All 3 pieces are stamped with the same marks. There is a large coat of arms. Then what looks a "U 750" inside a rhombus. Then the last mark is what looks like a woman with her arms outstretched holding a lantern to her right. I added a pic of a rough sketch of what the woman looks like because it is a bit hard to see in the photos.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    Figtree3, mirana, Dessert58 and 7 others like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum @Itsykitschyspider (think it’s going to have to be Itsy for short!)
    Please can you click ‘Edit’ under your post and go back to your photos and click ‘Full Image’ instead of the thumbnails.
    Then we can see your beautiful lapis!

mirana, pearlsnblume, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  3. Itsykitschyspider

Itsykitschyspider New Member

Thanks for the welcome! My apologies for the thumbs. I appreciate the tip!

pearlsnblume, KSW and kyratango like this.
  4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Welcome on board, Itsy :joyful:
    Kudos for the quality of your photos:woot:
    I think the letter together with 750 is clue your piece is Italian. The letter should be the initial of the assay town.
    Some more knowledgeable about that will chime in:)

Figtree3, mirana, Any Jewelry and 5 others like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I was going to go with kitschy. Welcome, IKS. :)

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Screams in Italian to me. And very 80s.

I'd think it's a town crest perhaps, but I can't find it.

20230120_100912.jpg

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That’s so much better! It’s difficult to zoom in when they are posted as thumbnails.
    This is a gorgeous set.

kyratango likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

THe Italian gold mark is that losenge thing we couldn't really see. The necklace screams 80s at me if that helps.

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful, but this is a modern set, and we know more about antique or older jewellery. We may be able to figure it out though.
    Not sure it is Italian. It is a lozenge, but it seems to read O750, or 0750, which isn't an Italian mark. Italian assay towns use a two letter abbreviation, for instance OR for Oristano.

Japan also uses a lozenge, but if Japanese it would simply be 750.

Draft saved Draft deleted