can anyone help me identify this vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by helloall, Jul 14, 2020.

1. helloall

helloall New Member

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Helloall!

Welcome to Antiquers...........:cat:

The nice full image is wonderful, but a full image photo of the bottom is also needed....

Also does it have a broken handle? Or what is that protusion I see on the right hand side of your photo?

3. helloall

helloall New Member

Hi Judy - there are no marks on the bottom and the thing on the right isn't a broken handle, it is a small spout

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

You must still provide a photo of the bottom, also a view of the spout, and the very top too.

Not a vase...............

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  5. helloall

helloall New Member

OK will do. Does that make it a ewer then? As you might guess I'm a bit of a beginner here!

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Great.......probably an ewer..........others will be of more help to you.

7. helloall

helloall New Member

OK an ewer (which is surprisingly awkward to say) seem like the best bet. I will get more photos in a few days. If you can give me any rough indication (or guess) of nationality or age that will help. I have absolutely no idea of either

8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

9. helloall

helloall New Member

Great find! Thank you!

scoutshouse, judy and i need help like this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

You should still include photos of the bottom. Maybe someone (not me :hilarious:) can assess the age.

scoutshouse and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted