Can anyone help with this marking on my vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jacqui, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

This is like that illusion that is a hook nosed old lady in profile & a young woman looking away, wearing a ribbon around her neck. What's figure & what's ground? :confused:

Christmasjoy and ulilwitch like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Is that on the bottom of the vase?
    Looks like it might be on the side, in which case I think it is just a bloop in the glass.

Can we see a picture of the bottom please.

4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I'm also voting "bloop in the glass" - of which I've been fooled into thinking were marks a few times myself.

pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  5. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

6AC46EE6-7E7A-4E85-A70E-F61F70FB355A.jpeg 9E0CF214-85AA-4CAA-B028-9D6C91A07FE5.jpeg 6AC46EE6-7E7A-4E85-A70E-F61F70FB355A.jpeg Ah it’s the side of the glass so it’s probably a ‘bloop’ I will send a pic of the bottom for you! x

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted