Can anyone make out this signature

Discussion in 'Art' started by DeAnne, Sep 18, 2020.

1. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

LOL - I am pretty sure it's a sharpie. I can see the paint right through it, and it's not written like it was done with thin paint. I will be happier with the whole thing if you return to tell me it's thin paint!

2. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Nope doesn't come off what do you think on price on this one? it's about 4 feet long an 2 1/2 feet tall. The only reason I am going through them all is to make damn sure the kids didn't miss anything. The guy was a very wealthy rancher here in town who passed away 5 years ago the house has sat for 7. But he was a very avid art collector. I think some of the books I got from there on art are worth as much as some of the paintings. But anyways the kids came through an took anything they thought was valuable. And pretty much turned the house upside down.

3. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Oh and the one with the Red and pink flowers is about this same size and it's a "Pisarski" I was thinking the same price around $250 on that one also online I have seen prices all over the place

4. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

5. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

I know what you mean by red sharpie now I found a small one like that signed with the red pen

6. antidiem

7. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

8. antidiem

Is yours the one shown above with what I think is the sharpie pen? :rolleyes:

Even IF so, it's still a nice painting. There's nothing to say 'WHO' the signer is, but it's nice enough to stand and to sell on its own. I think an MCM collector will buy it.

9. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

I can see why you thought that the line in the paint behind it makes it look like a k

antidiem likes this.
  10. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

No lol those are originals I just take really bad pictures I will get you a picture of the one i found

antidiem likes this.
  11. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

This is the one I found with Sharpie you can definitely tell

IMG_7112 (1).JPG

antidiem likes this.
  12. antidiem

Ok, after enhancing it, I can see Pisarski, and his roses match the ones shown online, thanks.

Yours enhanced and another one enhanced and signed in red paint. Yours appears a less mature signature, so perhaps the artist was younger then. Is yours a watercolor? The other appears to be an oil.. No reason he couldn't have painted in both. I like the flowers ones a lot.

2.png 1.png

13. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

No it's an oil I will get better pictures of it for you tomorrow it's buried right now lol

14. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

I think it's my phone making the pictures look strange.

15. antidiem

I would price the Pisarski's higher, not a lot higher, but $300 or $350 will give you more wiggle room inside of a shop.

DeAnne likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted