cAN ANYONE TELL ME NAME OF THIS MOSHE GAT PRINT?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jun 6, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what the name of this piece by Moshe gat is called?
    Also, I believe it's a print because of the 117/150 but I want to be sure?
    Finally, it has what looks like another name (Sy … something?) on the lower left corner - what is this?
    Thank you!

ART PRINT MOSHE GAT 1AA.JPG ART PRINT MOSHE GAT 2AA.JPG ART PRINT MOSHE GAT 3AA.JPG ART PRINT MOSHE GAT 4AA.JPG

pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I see other works described as being lithographs. The initials on the left may belong to the lithographer if Gat did not do that part of the work himself.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Titles seem all to be short & descriptive. This is probably Two Men Sitting or something that way.

pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Robert Walker

Robert Walker Love to learn...

komokwa, Figtree3, Aquitaine and 5 others like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Probably "Two Guys with Beards" or something similar. I've seen tons of similar Israeli prints where I live; a local synagogue has the biggest rummage sale in town most years. Maybe not this year.

Bronwen and Figtree3 like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like it, too. The faces and the body positions, both. And it gives the impression of having been done quickly, but I'm sure that it wasn't.

7. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thanks all - looks like this one is 'untitled' but should still sell on ebay because it does have..."it" - something that makes you really look at it instead of just glancing at it.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted