Can I give this away?

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by KSW, May 22, 2021.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Is there anyone who could use these bits for restoration of other items?
    Obviously I can’t sell but I don’t want to throw them away when they could be used to restore something.
    Not sure of the legalities of posting as a gift.
    Any thoughts please?
    1A40E117-090C-4DF1-97BA-472439997C5B.jpeg D940980D-9902-4266-A076-5DD1E7437149.jpeg 334E6E0C-FBDC-42A2-A50E-5FFEB276FC8A.jpeg 8A1FA8B0-5A1B-44D5-A0A7-6DD9545CD042.jpeg 711ACF90-0A92-432C-8D65-876D6761B01D.jpeg

kyratango, judy, i need help and 2 others like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It will only be a problem if shipping internationally. If you don't have to declare what's in a box, it's very unlikely anyone will ever know. You can always call the bits "bone". Some of them probably are.

3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Yes,definitely bone.....
    If anyone wants them please let me know and I will post.

judy and i need help like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Can we pick just one?:)
    I would be interested in what looks like a bone fan/hand screen handle. I mean the one with the painted rings and some loose bits. I'll pay for shipping.

If someone wants the entire lot, obviously it should go in one go.

5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

You would be welcome to it, no postage required. Just circle the bits you want. I still have your ring here to be posted :bag: as you know things here are...interesting...at the moment so I haven’t got round to it.

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I could see Kyra doing something amazing with them

kyratango, KSW and i need help like this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Very nice Offering! :)

I’ll leave these for the Creative minds amongst us. I hope we get to see a Show and Tell of their use. :artist:

kyratango and KSW like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Don't worry about it, you have much more important things to take care of. Your time is valuable right now. So please take your time.:)
    That took some study, I've never done that before.:bucktooth: So here are my first attempts.:shame: 'Circled' in white, I still have to find out how to get the other colours.:hilarious:
    The handle:

upload_2021-5-22_19-8-26.jpeg

And I think at least one of these bits go with it, maybe both:

upload_2021-5-22_19-10-53.jpeg

9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

@kyratango ?

kyratango, judy, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  10. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Maybe this should be moved to the Give Away board?

KSW and judy like this.
  11. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

@i need help ?
    I only didn’t put it there because I know it’s more private in here than the rest of the forum and Ivory is a tricky subject. Happy for it to be moved if Mods are :)

kyratango and bercrystal like this.
  12. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Make no Bones about it.

13. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Thanks K for the tag, and thanks @johnnycb09 for the compliment:kiss:
    I have no idea for using them at the moment, AJ will ;):)

14. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Would anyone else like the other pieces?. :)

kyratango and bercrystal like this.
  15. Any Jewelry

If no one else wants the other pieces, I am sure I can find a good use for most of them. Those leaves can brighten up a plain wooden box, for instance.
    Those long thin bones look like they should be used for divination? Maybe I should give that a go.:playful:

16. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It’s all yours :kiss:

17. Any Jewelry

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

[​IMG]

18. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

19. Any Jewelry

Thanks for the info Leslie.:happy:

KSW likes this.
  20. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

sure! I suppose the other item it "might" be is a fancy 2 prong pickle fork with the tines broken off. However, the paint looks like it is water soluable (hmmm is that how that is spelled) - and a pickle fork probably would have permanent paint. Lace bobbins typically had paint that would dissolve if they got wet!

YIKES! Memories of demonstrating out in the park one lovely summer day when a BIG, very sudden windstorm came across the lake and flattened every tent in the park (art show)... pottery went crashing, glass went crashing, tables got upended! My friend and I were both using our antique bobbins with soluable paint! YIKES! Talk about a mad rush to get them undercover! And just that quickly, it was over! But, everyone was in ankle deep water by then, SOPPED to the skin! Fortunately we didn't have any wares for sale and managed to get our "things" under cover - but she show was literally "a wash"... everyone packed up and went home. I kid you not; ONE block from the park the road was dry! Crazy!

LOL! Sometimes I'm glad I'm not demonstrating any more!
    Leslie

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted